Veglia rev counter showing half revs

Condezeca

On 5/24/2019 at 6:43 AM, MartyNZ said:

I'm changing these parts this winter.

Cam gears!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2019 at 6:21 PM, luhbo said:

So where exactly do you pick up the signals? Between sensor and ECU or between ECU and Tach? As written by others further above the wheel/sensor feeds the ECU, the ECU feeds the tach. Go on MyECU.biz for further infos and details. This man knows his stuff.

Sorry, missed this question! Signals for injectors comes direct from injector drive wires, T'ed off where they come out of the ECU. RPM is from the tacho wire going to the gauge and the glitchy RPM data is read from the ECU via the diagnostics port.

• 3 months later...
On 4/15/2019 at 6:00 PM, Condezeca said:

Hi mates, anyone knows what to do on a Veglia that start to shows half of real engine revs? That is from my 2000 V11 Sport.

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi mates, 

Just solved the issue on my rev counter, hope can help anyone with same kind of problem.  I opened the rev and and found that one of the 3 weights in the arm of the needle was out of the place. Even before open it, when shaking there was a noise like a small piece inside that was free. If you have the same problem, be aware of not lost it when opening . You must be very carefull as the weight is about 1,5mm diameter by 3-4mm long. I profit having the rev opened to paint the needle. Looks and works like new.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2