Jump to content
rich888

Stock V11 Sport 2001 bin file

Recommended Posts

Anyone got a stock V11Sport, 2001, bin file?

Just want to see if my ecu has been tweaked....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would recommend trying Meinolf's V11 map for the 15M ECU. It made mine run much better than the stock map.

I backed up my original map but it is on a different computer that I can get to later if the map that docc linked is not what you want. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All 1999-2001 Sport and Rosso Mandello maps should be identical. The map ID number is visible on guzzidiag, but will not reflect if the map has been altered.

 

:notworthy: Meinolf has done the finest job of creating the cleanest V11 map ever.  :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, docc said:

Thanks, wasn't sure how different they would be across models, but looks like this is identical to mine. Difference Tool says 0 bytes different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, antmanbee said:

I would recommend trying Meinolf's V11 map for the 15M ECU. It made mine run much better than the stock map.

I backed up my original map but it is on a different computer that I can get to later if the map that docc linked is not what you want. 

I will give this a try! Thanks. Do I need to reset anything after loading it? CO or TPS etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more question, excuse my ignorance but does the ability to change factory maps make devices like PowerCommander etc completely redundant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rich888 said:

One more question, excuse my ignorance but does the ability to change factory maps make devices like PowerCommander etc completely redundant?

Yes. A power commander just alters the engine sensor readings going to the ECU. The ECU then (usually) injects more fuel based on falsified sensor data. There is a PC accessory that uses a wideband sensor to change fuel air ratios on the fly, which is a good thing, if you want to go that far. Some people like PCs, but they can become unreliable as they age.

A Meinolf ECU map has improved injector and ignition timing, injector duration, and altitude compensation, so is better than  a PC. That's what I chose anyway.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rich888 said:

I will give this a try! Thanks. Do I need to reset anything after loading it? CO or TPS etc?

This is what Meinolf recommended to me when he sent me the map.

 

Attached the latest BIN for the V11 with 15M. My setup includes bell-shaped air inlet ducts with snorkels removed, K&N filter, TI cans and revised throttle butterfly valves and throttle shafts.

The base setup, and that's quite important to follow to get the best results, is:

- TPS set to 157mV with all mechanical connectors removed and throttle completely closed

- Both bypass screws completely closed

- CO trim set to 0

- Idle sync with both (if so required) throttle stop screws

- Running sync as usual

 

Target Lambda in my BIN is 0.88 at every breakpoint I can measure at during road driving & logging.

 

I'd appreciate your feedback on the results.

 

Cheers

Meinolf



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, antmanbee said:

This is what Meinolf recommended to me when he sent me the map.

 

Attached the latest BIN for the V11 with 15M. My setup includes bell-shaped air inlet ducts with snorkels removed, K&N filter, TI cans and revised throttle butterfly valves and throttle shafts.

The base setup, and that's quite important to follow to get the best results, is:

- TPS set to 157mV with all mechanical connectors removed and throttle completely closed

- Both bypass screws completely closed

- CO trim set to 0

- Idle sync with both (if so required) throttle stop screws

- Running sync as usual

 

Target Lambda in my BIN is 0.88 at every breakpoint I can measure at during road driving & logging.

 

I'd appreciate your feedback on the results.

 

Cheers

Meinolf



 

Hi Antmanbee,

 

Just to confirm, BOTH air screws closed?  I have got them both open one turn.

TP is set to 157mV and CO to zero.

I have MIVV cans on my bike. Not 100% what air filter is in there. (only just got the bike and didn't want to release the tank unless I really have to!)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I followed his instructions and closed both air screws. 

I have sock air filters still utilizing the stock intake tubes and an M4 exhaust which is free flow and a crossover pipe.

Also check your valve clearance.

It is best to follow the tune up guide here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "one turn out" (+/-) is in the "Decent Tune-up" apparently to compensate for vagueries in the stock map (and maybe clapped-out throttle bodies like mine), while Meinolf's Map & Method is evidently a much more accurate and well designed way to to tune that does not need the air bleeds.

I'll have to try it that way someday. :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, docc said:

All 1999-2001 Sport and Rosso Mandello maps should be identical. The map ID number is visible on guzzidiag, but will not reflect if the map has been altered.

 

:notworthy: Meinolf has done the finest job of creating the cleanest V11 map ever.  :thumbsup:

how do I get hold on Meinolfs map? I would like to try it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would PM him. He has said he would share his maps. Make sure to give him feedback on your experiences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I would PM him. He has said he would share his maps. Make sure to give him feedback on your experiences.

Okay thanks antmanbee i Will do that.


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...