Stock V11 Sport 2001 bin file

rich888

On 4/19/2019 at 12:01 AM, antmanbee said:

He has said he would share his maps

Hi,

that's what he said and that's what he still does. Send a PM with your email address.

Cheers
Meinolf

On 4/18/2019 at 11:58 AM, MartyNZ said:

A power commander just alters the engine sensor readings going to the ECU.

A PC doesn't alter any sensor readings going to the ECU. It modifies the injection pulse width based on the map values. In itself not a bad approach if the ECU's content (BIN) can't be modified. I use a PC on a Yamaha GTS1000 to shift the Lambda value, as seen by the ECU, downward by 0.03.

The challenge with a PC map is that the breakpoints, neither TPS nor rpm, match the breakpoints used by the Guzzi (or whatever) code. Thus the bi-linear interpolation of the ECU code between the given breakpoints is taken over by the %-variations of a PC map at breakpoints which don't match. The TPS breakpoint issue could be avoided with the Dynojet Power Core-SW to set individual breakpoints, but I've never seen a PC map which actually used this.

Changing the BIN loaded into the ECU is always the better choice.

Cheers
Meinolf

• Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 6:45 PM, docc said:

The "one turn out" (+/-) is in the "Decent Tune-up" apparently to compensate for vagueries in the stock map (and maybe clapped-out throttle bodies like mine)

Both the bypass screws and the CO setting date back to times when the BIN couldn't be changed and where the only possible means to correct variations inevitable in mass production and the unavoidable wear.

Since Beard created the means to down/upload the BIN this has become unneccessary.

I choose to use a CO trim of 0 as base for my fuel map optimization as the CO trim effect tapers off with increasing rpm, or rather increasing air flow. The closed bypass screw setting was used because it's easier to duplicate a setting of totally closed than 1 turn open. Somebody elses 1 turn is likely to be different from mine, even small variations matter in idle. The fuel map values at those breakpoints where CO trim or bypass screws have an impact are so that the mixture is correct with my recommendations.

As my V11 was somewhat modified  with conical opening of the snorkels, removing half of the shaft holding the butterfly valve, re-worked butterfly valve contours, TI cans, valve play set to 0.3mm for intake/exhaust to countermand the very long ramp up slope of the camshaft and the resulting loss of mean pressure, an average V11 would run a bit richer than mine. Still I would recommend to reduce the (left cylinder only) fuel values across the entire fuel map in small %-steps instead if trying fiddle with CO trim or bypass screws.

Cheers
Meinolf

• Like 2

Thanks for the explanation Meinolf.

I am looking forward to trying your map on this lovely Easter Sunday here in sunny Dorset!

Is the bin file is a complete image of the ECU software, maps, tables etc or is it just the ECU map data?

Thanks Meinolf, tried #90 today. Ran well.

I did need to wind the idle screw in quite a bit, to get it to idle.

I am still getting an occasional hicup/missfire when coasting at low, but not closed, throttle.

On 4/21/2019 at 9:37 AM, rich888 said:

Is the bin file is a complete image of the ECU software, maps, tables etc or is it just the ECU map data?

a BIN is always the complete software, both program code and parameters.

Cheers
Meinolf

Just now, Meinolf said:

a BIN is always the complete software, both program code and parameters.

Cheers
Meinolf

Interesting! There's not much software in these ECU's !!!!

Does your bin file have any software changes or is it purely data table changes?

Hi Richard,

changing the program code is VERY difficult, because even using one different opcode might impact the very tight timing sequence of the code. We (Beard, myself) made code patching tests, but abandoned them for this reason. And, the code of the latest OEM BINs works well and reliably.

I can't remember offhand all of the parameter changes I made, but this will give you an idea

- RPM and TPS legends
- Warmup table legend
- Baro legend
- Warmup table content
- TPS look-up table
- Engine temp trim correction
- Air temp/air pressure correction table content
- Idle ign
- Main ign
- Idle fuel table
- Main and delta fuel table
- plus other stuff I've already forgotten

Cheers
Meinolf

16 hours ago, rich888 said:

I did need to wind the idle screw in quite a bit, to get it to idle.

By idle screw you mean one of the throttle stop scews?

Don't use this procedure with my (or any) BIN. The main and delta fuel values are synchronized at every breakpoint. If you change the idle throttle of one throttle only then you lost the synchronization between the TPS breakpoints. Sync'ing in idle is the only way to match the TPS breakpoints. And it's especially important in the low load area because the TPS breakpoints are spaced so tightly. Getting this and the base line setting of 157mV right are the single most important steps.

The V11 TPS placement on the right side is rather unfortunate because wear-prone connections introduce play.

Cheers
Meinolf

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Meinolf said:

By idle screw you mean one of the throttle stop scews?

Don't use this procedure with my (or any) BIN. The main and delta fuel values are synchronized at every breakpoint. If you change the idle throttle of one throttle only then you lost the synchronization between the TPS breakpoints. Sync'ing in idle is the only way to match the TPS breakpoints. And it's especially important in the low load area because the TPS breakpoints are spaced so tightly. Getting this and the base line setting of 157mV right are the single most important steps.

The V11 TPS placement on the right side is rather unfortunate because wear-prone connections introduce play.

Cheers
Meinolf

Yes, I have only set the left throttle stop as described in the tune up posts.

Is there a detailed proceedure for synching both throttle stops I can read?

I have a dual vaccuum gauge and gear to read TPS etc.