Can’t shift past 3rd gear v11

ready180a

10 hours ago, ready180a said:

Thanks for that, 

I have measured the original ones that came out and they tally up with what yours  are . 

I will have another check tonight in side the gear box and post back . 

Regards Tony 

After having a fresh look and measure tonight the newly fitted drive dogs are 22mm overall and 12.6mm on the minor thickness . 

When you measured yours did you check your old parts of the current ones in your gear box ? . 

Trying to get to the bottom of the problem isn’t so easy . 

Thanks for your help 

tony 

2 hours ago, ready180a said:

After having a fresh look and measure tonight the newly fitted drive dogs are 22mm overall and 12.6mm on the minor thickness . 

When you measured yours did you check your old parts of the current ones in your gear box ? . 

Trying to get to the bottom of the problem isn’t so easy . 

Thanks for your help 

tony 

Mine is a 2002 gearbox so it wasn't affected by the recall. From a little research it seems the original problem with the sleeves was a hardening issue not a dimensional one but that's not definitive and I haven't any pre mod sleeves to look at. 

The only other transmission that uses the V11 six speed is the MGS-01 and I dont know what the sleeve looks like in those only that the part number is different. I still think it would be preferable to strip the trans and install the correct sleeves rather than machine the selector wheels though for several reasons.

Ciao 

5 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Mine is a 2002 gearbox so it wasn't affected by the recall. From a little research it seems the original problem with the sleeves was a hardening issue not a dimensional one but that's not definitive and I haven't any pre mod sleeves to look at. 

The only other transmission that uses the V11 six speed is the MGS-01 and I dont know what the sleeve looks like in those only that the part number is different. I still think it would be preferable to strip the trans and install the correct sleeves rather than machine the selector wheels though for several reasons.

Ciao 

Hi , thank you for confirming the age of your gear box and taking the time to check your gearbox . It has been very helpful and you have confirmed that the dogs in mine are not correct , and the gear box will have to come out and go back to be stripped back down to replace them . 

Its frustrating as the wether has picked up hear and I had got it ready for an mot,  and I guess I’m looking at 2 months at least before this is sorted !! 

I will keep you all updated with progress. 

Thanks again , 

kind regards Tony 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ready180a said:

Hi , thank you for confirming the age of your gear box and taking the time to check your gearbox . It has been very helpful and you have confirmed that the dogs in mine are not correct , and the gear box will have to come out and go back to be stripped back down to replace them . 

Its frustrating as the wether has picked up hear and I had got it ready for an mot,  and I guess I’m looking at 2 months at least before this is sorted !! 

I will keep you all updated with progress. 

Thanks again , 

kind regards Tony 

Bummer. Be interesting to see what those sleeves are from.

Ciao

On 4/29/2019 at 10:53 PM, Lucky Phil said:

Bummer. Be interesting to see what those sleeves are from.

Ciao

I will keep you updated with progress thank you all for your help . 

Kind regards Tony 

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update the gear box is now sorted after sourcing a new old stock recall kit from America. The ones fitted from Moto guzzi where 2 mm to thick not slowing the gears to be Selected a massive thank you for everybody’s input on trying to find the problem . 

The bikes all back together and hoping to get an mot . 

Regards Tony 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ready180a said:

Just a quick update the gear box is now sorted after sourcing a new old stock recall kit from America. The ones fitted from Moto guzzi where 2 mm to thick not slowing the gears to be Selected a massive thank you for everybody’s input on trying to find the problem . 

The bikes all back together and hoping to get an mot . 

Regards Tony 

How the hell does that happen? I mean 2mm!!!!

Ciao

6 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

How the hell does that happen? I mean 2mm!!!!

Ciao

no idea the parts came straight from guzzi and where made to order , the mechanic is going to Itali this weak and has taken the parts to try and get to the bottom of it !!!

i will keep you updated with the out come . 

• Like 1