Jump to content
ready180a

Can’t shift past 3rd gear v11

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, ready180a said:

Thanks for that, 

I have measured the original ones that came out and they tally up with what yours  are . 

I will have another check tonight in side the gear box and post back . 

Regards Tony 

After having a fresh look and measure tonight the newly fitted drive dogs are 22mm overall and 12.6mm on the minor thickness . 

When you measured yours did you check your old parts of the current ones in your gear box ? . 

Trying to get to the bottom of the problem isn’t so easy . 

Thanks for your help 

tony 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ready180a said:

After having a fresh look and measure tonight the newly fitted drive dogs are 22mm overall and 12.6mm on the minor thickness . 

When you measured yours did you check your old parts of the current ones in your gear box ? . 

Trying to get to the bottom of the problem isn’t so easy . 

Thanks for your help 

tony 

Mine is a 2002 gearbox so it wasn't affected by the recall. From a little research it seems the original problem with the sleeves was a hardening issue not a dimensional one but that's not definitive and I haven't any pre mod sleeves to look at. 

The only other transmission that uses the V11 six speed is the MGS-01 and I dont know what the sleeve looks like in those only that the part number is different. I still think it would be preferable to strip the trans and install the correct sleeves rather than machine the selector wheels though for several reasons.

Ciao 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Mine is a 2002 gearbox so it wasn't affected by the recall. From a little research it seems the original problem with the sleeves was a hardening issue not a dimensional one but that's not definitive and I haven't any pre mod sleeves to look at. 

The only other transmission that uses the V11 six speed is the MGS-01 and I dont know what the sleeve looks like in those only that the part number is different. I still think it would be preferable to strip the trans and install the correct sleeves rather than machine the selector wheels though for several reasons.

Ciao 

Hi , thank you for confirming the age of your gear box and taking the time to check your gearbox . It has been very helpful and you have confirmed that the dogs in mine are not correct , and the gear box will have to come out and go back to be stripped back down to replace them . 

Its frustrating as the wether has picked up hear and I had got it ready for an mot,  and I guess I’m looking at 2 months at least before this is sorted !! 

I will keep you all updated with progress. 

Thanks again , 

kind regards Tony 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ready180a said:

Hi , thank you for confirming the age of your gear box and taking the time to check your gearbox . It has been very helpful and you have confirmed that the dogs in mine are not correct , and the gear box will have to come out and go back to be stripped back down to replace them . 

Its frustrating as the wether has picked up hear and I had got it ready for an mot,  and I guess I’m looking at 2 months at least before this is sorted !! 

I will keep you all updated with progress. 

Thanks again , 

kind regards Tony 

Bummer. Be interesting to see what those sleeves are from.

Ciao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 10:53 PM, Lucky Phil said:

Bummer. Be interesting to see what those sleeves are from.

Ciao

I will keep you updated with progress thank you all for your help . 

Kind regards Tony 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick update the gear box is now sorted after sourcing a new old stock recall kit from America. The ones fitted from Moto guzzi where 2 mm to thick not slowing the gears to be Selected a massive thank you for everybody’s input on trying to find the problem . 

The bikes all back together and hoping to get an mot . 

Regards Tony 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ready180a said:

Just a quick update the gear box is now sorted after sourcing a new old stock recall kit from America. The ones fitted from Moto guzzi where 2 mm to thick not slowing the gears to be Selected a massive thank you for everybody’s input on trying to find the problem . 

The bikes all back together and hoping to get an mot . 

Regards Tony 

How the hell does that happen? I mean 2mm!!!!

 

Ciao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

How the hell does that happen? I mean 2mm!!!!

 

Ciao

no idea the parts came straight from guzzi and where made to order , the mechanic is going to Itali this weak and has taken the parts to try and get to the bottom of it !!!

i will keep you updated with the out come . 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...