Riding gear

Admin Jaap

I am not too worried about brushing my teeth when I ride.

I start with Moto Guzzi boots I got at a discount 7 years ago, now resoled,

I wear jeans but if I am in for a distance, I'll put on Joe Rocket mesh overpants or some ripped no-name  overpants I purchased on a ride (glad I got them because the rip would be on my knee). 

I put on my jacket, The Speed and Strength textile works best, but I have two Joe Rocket Mesh (original and 4.0) and two leather ones I never wear  after I bought S&S.

Then I put in my custom ear plugs (essential).  And a skull cap.

Next is the helmet, usually my Shoei Neotec, but I have two HJC modulars, two HJC Snells, and a BiLT 3/4.  Most are out of date.

Finally gloves, too many to list but my favorites are some sport BiLT.

with all that gear on I can ride from Oklahoma to Stonehenge and I've got photos to prove it.  

ADED3B2713E64C51B524FD21FF4AFD18.jpg

Steal Your Face..................

E4ECE404E2E746F0B464AD1647732B0D.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Chuck said:

the Dead sticker.. :rasta:

A gift from Guzzistajohn.

:rasta:  :rasta::rasta:

Funny I met him by chance at the Low Gap cafe having lunch with Twowings on the way to our Ozark trip last spring.  He had the sticker and I had some Live Dead & Co CDs for him.  Never saw him again and missed him again when I didn't show at CV.

2 hours ago, LowRyter said:

A gift from Guzzistajohn.

:rasta:  :rasta::rasta:

Funny I met him by chance at the Low Gap cafe having lunch with Twowings on the way to our Ozark trip last spring.  He had the sticker and I had some Live Dead & Co CDs for him.  Never saw him again and missed him again when I didn't show at CV.

You didn't miss him. People stayed away in droves. Wimps..:oldgit::P

John didn't make CV either?    Yes, I am a wimp.  The rain never stopped even when I was going to ride up Saturday.

Probably will meet up when we go to both Springfields on Labor Day unless I can lure him to the Ozark Raid.   He used to be a regular on that one.

Arai-Quantum-Flag-Italy_ml.jpg

My gear: Arai full-face with black MJK custom made (I'm 6'4'') combi-leathers. The trousers are getting a bit too tight, I ride with kevlar jeans mostly. For really hot days I have a blow- through jacket.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2019 at 8:28 AM, Scud said:

Jaap - how are those low boots for walking/hiking? After my recent trip to Utah, where I wore high motorcycle boots and packed hiking boots, I am seriously thinking about the Forma Adventure Low boots.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DW4SGQK?pf_rd_p=f3acc539-5d5f-49a3-89ea-768a917d5900&pf_rd_r=4QBRYD6EWZ36T7S69RWQ&th=1

One less pair of boots on a trip makes a big difference in the saddlebags...

Did you ever get the Forma's? They don't have half sizes so I'm leery to try 'em without some sizing knowledge. Chuck said they are wide... which I don't need.

Yeah, I got the Forma's, size 10. They were huge on me so I returned them. Otherwise they look like great boots. I might try a 9, but I have a very narrow foot and I don't think the 9 will be much narrower than the 10. So I might try a similar style by Klim - the Outlander GTX. I have also worn regular hiking boots on adventure rides, which are comfortable, but don't offer much in the way of impact protection. Ya gotta tuck the laces in so as to not get caught up on the footpegs and fall down... voice of experience.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Vanson Leathers Competition Weight MK2 proPERF CSRV Sportrider....SIZE 46..LARGE..non smoker and in Perfect condition absolutely no marks or wear anywhere..Funny..It was barely worn....but after two years hanging in my closet the darn thing shrunk a couple sizes on me!    $250 plus shipping please....

Screen%20Shot%202020-04-19%20at%204.09.2Screen%20Shot%202020-04-19%20at%204.08.5

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KINDOY2 said:

Vanson Leathers Competition Weight MK2 proPERF CSRV Sportrider....SIZE 46..LARGE..non smoker and in Perfect condition absolutely no marks or wear anywhere..Funny..It was barely worn....but after two years hanging in my closet the darn thing shrunk a couple sizes on me!    $250 plus shipping please....

Screen%20Shot%202020-04-19%20at%204.09.2Screen%20Shot%202020-04-19%20at%204.08.5

I have the same one. That's a good deal on a great jacket

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1