rich888

Stock V11 bin file fuel map analysis

Looking at the stock fuel map for a 2001 V11, it has some odd peaks and troughs in:

stock map.jpg

Anyone know why this is?

For example at 2000 rpm tps 48, is a peak of 193, which drops off at higher and lower rpms and higher and lower tps.

There is also a low fuelling trough at 4000 rpm at wider TPS values.

• Like 1

I wonder how this would compare with my PC3 map which was developed on a Dynojet dyno... I can send it to you if you want. Granted my bike has pod filters and an aftermarket exhaust, so might not be an appropriate comparison. Just putting it out there if you're curious. 

I actually have a PC3 too.

It has this map in (which the previous owner paid a lot of money for!)

pc3 map.jpg

Looks like at 4000 rpm your map raises the fueling, which would lessen that trough. Similar corrections at 2000 rpm. So, money well spent :whistle:

17 hours ago, sp838 said:

Looks like at 4000 rpm your map raises the fueling, which would lessen that trough. Similar corrections at 2000 rpm. So, money well spent :whistle:

£450 to alter a few hex codes in the bin file? Good money for someone!

Wow, is that what it costs to get a dyno tune in the UK? Luckily for us, the cost is about a third of that here in the US. While it's nice to be able to fiddle around with the ECU, I prefer to have a precise map made for my specific bike. It's also nie to have a unit like the PC# that you can make adjustments to on the fly, unlike with our clunky old ECUs with maps that need to be downloaded, edited, saved, uploaded back, and then you have to reboot it. It's a pain in the ass. So yeah, still money well spent, but we get a better deal I guess. What I'm curious about is the MyECUn which seems like it can be modified on the fly... The problem still remains that if you want to have your bike actually tuned on a dyno, here in the US pretty much all tuners use DynoJet dynos and software, and tuners aren't interested in fiddling around with clunky old ECUs, homebrew software such as Guzzidiag and arcane proprietary products like MyECU.