Stock V11 bin file fuel map analysis

rich888

On 12/20/2019 at 8:44 AM, Meinolf said:

Hi,

it's version 93_6, dated 1017.08.31.

Cheers
Meinolf

So, I am confused when it is said someone has your map "#58" or "#90" and how that relates to "93_6" . . .

10 hours ago, Meinolf said:

Hi,

Higher numbers are newer versions.

Cheers

Meinolf

Such that 93_6 is the latest and most refined?

I would like to get that link to your latest map pinned to a dedicated thread that all can find easily. 

(Perhaps, one day I will stop being the poster child for the factory map and take the plunge! )

Thanks, again, Meinolf! Well done! :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, docc said:

Such that 93_6 is the latest and most refined?

Yes, that's correct. The active word being "most"

Cheers
Meinolf

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 6:46 AM, sp838 said:

This is something I'm very interested in. I have twin plugged heads on my bike, but haven't set it up yet. Biggest hurdle for me going forward with this is the prospect of having to change the ignition curve. I'm dreading having to manually edit the map. I have a table that was provided to me by a gentleman on this forum who went by the name "Motoguzznix". I will delve into this over the winter. If all else fails, I'll ditch the 15M ECU (which I consider to be the boil on Sophia Lauren's ass) and install a set Keihin flat slides and an ignition module from Eletronik-Sachse and be free of the whole mess that is this Magneti Marelli injection system. 

Dual plugs have a pretty well known effect on any hemispherical engine. I would suggest that if you simply edit the entire curve above about 1500rpm by the same amount, you'll be fine. Depending on mods, -4 to -8 degrees is probably in the ballpark at WOT. For tuning by ear, use 87 octane, find your audible detonation point (probably about 2500-3000rpm) then back off 4º and run premium. If you have a steady-state dyno with exhaust gas analyzer available, you can get more specific. I'd be interested in any real data you discover along the way.

26 minutes ago, andy york said:

Docc, you can be poster child for whatever....I would like you to put the latest map on mine

:rasta:

That would be a learning experience!  I've used guzzidiag on several V11 and a 1200Sport, but never have loaded a map. I did watch the late Bruce Lawson load one at the roadside on doslemans' V11.

It was unusually above 50* today & sunny, so I used that as an excuse to take the Griso out on an errand.

This year I scored a Termignoni muffler and after installing that downloaded a Beetle map specifically for that set up.

As I rode around today I was reminded of how smooth the Griso is now. Before there wasn't a stumble at 3k - 4k as on the V11 but the on /off throttle below 4k created quite a lurch which was a pain halfway through a corner. Now that's gone.

The overrun when decelerating made the bike sound like a f ing harley. Popping & banging! Now that's gone.

So I'm really pleased with Beetle's map.

Which makes me want to instal Meinolf's map, for the V11, this coming year & hope for a similar inprovement. :lol:

• Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 3:44 AM, Meinolf said:

Hi,

it's version 93_6, dated 1017.08.31.

Cheers
Meinolf

I loaded Meinolf's #93 to my bike last night.

I previously had #58, which I thought was the best yet. However #93 is better. Idle is more steady, and the engine somehow seems more willing.  

Good effort Meinolf, and thanks.

• Like 1