Getting my Rosso back on the road.... need some parts

richard100t

I've let my bike sit for a few years now and I'm wanting to ride again. I'm wanting to change the oil and would like to know where to find that tool to remove the filter cover without having to drop the pan. Also need the oil pan gasket as mine is leaking a little bit. I used to come here every day but I have not been on much in the last 5 years or so and I really have to catch back up again

welcome back brother. MG Cycle will have what you need. I use a 27mm nut (or 1- 1/16") thats about 20mm tall, that I found in my bolt/nut pile. The recess in the cap is only about 1/4" so you dont need a nut as deep as mine. Then a 27mm socket fits right over to unscrew.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, footgoose said:

welcome back brother. MG Cycle will have what you need. I use a 27mm nut (or 1- 1/16") thats about 20mm tall, that I found in my bolt/nut pile. The recess in the cap is only about 1/4" so you dont need a nut as deep as mine. Then a 27mm socket fits right over to unscrew.

Thanks man, I appreciate the tip. Of course I still have to remove the pan this time to replace the gasket, but the next time around I want to try it the easy way. I've never changed the oil without removing the pan and thoroughly wiping everything clean before reassembling it. It has 43,800 or so miles on it now and still runs as good as it did when I bought it. It had 340 miles when I bought it 

• Like 1