Daytona Seat Conversion?

GeoRider

Good day, all.

I have a 1993 Moto Guzzi Daytona with a biposto seat / rear cowl (pictured).

I only ride alone, so I was looking (for over a year) to buy a monoposto (single) seat / rear cowl, or trade my double seat for a single...however I can't seem to find one. I did located a few very expensive undrilled molds in Europe, but that seems risky and challenging.

Wondering if I could convert my double seat into a single seat/rear cowl?

Thanks for any ideas or connections.

Geoff

Daytona.jpg

• 1 month later...

This is not exactly an answer to your question, but it is relevant in my opinion.

I have done some modifications to my Daytona. All mods were done as bolt on / bolt off, so it is all reversible. I actually grafted an entire subframe / seat / tail section from a V11 to my Daytona. It required a fair bit of work, including relocating the battery and the ECU. I am not sure where the 1100 sport mounts the battery and ECU, but I assume it is roughly the same location as the Daytona. Where as the V11 mounted the battery under where the rider sits (not under the passenger seat) and the ECU is much smaller and as such fits in there easier. I had to move the battery (not too hard) and make room for the larger ECU (I made room under the passenger seat area, kinda where the battery used to be).

The V11 seat is way more comfortable to me, and it looks good. But if I had access to an 1100 Sport perhaps that would have been the way I went. The V11 was easy because the wife has one for reference, so I knew what I was getting into before I committed.