Battery V11 Rosso Corsa 2003: recommendations?

rosso corsa

Ciao,

After 16 years (!) my OEM Hawker battery seems to have given up. I saw on the forum that some of you have replaced the Hawker with the Odyssey PC545, whereas I have also seen recommendations elsewhere for the Unibat X Racer 15. I ride my Rosso Corsa two/three times a year during longer summer trips; the rest of the time she hibernates in a cozy garage, battery disconnected. Thanks a lot. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, docc said:

16 years!!! :thumbsup:

The Odyssey PC545 is the OEM battery. Why not just get another?

Thanks a lot. docc  Your suggestion makes a lot of sense. After all those years I was. however, thinking something in the sense of: "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability..... Better than he was before. Better...stronger...faster." . Perhaps this does not apply to the battery for my Rosso:huh:

7 hours ago, rosso corsa said:

Thanks a lot. docc  Your suggestion makes a lot of sense. After all those years I was. however, thinking something in the sense of: "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability..... Better than he was before. Better...stronger...faster." . Perhaps this does not apply to the battery for my Rosso:huh:

Sometimes, new tech isn't all that.. fluorescent light bulbs come to mind.

I've changed out Odysseys at 10 and 12 years just because I thought maybe I should. I've seen lithium causing grief on a cold start. :oldgit:

I find the low weight of Lithium batteries appealing, but I find the durability, longevity, and reliability, of the Odyssey vastly more appealing. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GuzziMoto said:

I find the low weight of Lithium batteries appealing, but I find the durability, longevity, and reliability, of the Odyssey vastly more appealing. 

I find that saving a couple pounds on the Guzzi is like me skipping dessert... in theory a good idea...

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, swooshdave said:

I find that saving a couple pounds on the Guzzi is like me skipping dessert... in theory a good idea...

I agree. I have talked to people that were telling me about how much better their MG Griso handles with a light weight Lithium battery in place of the stock battery. I had to laugh. Saving 5 pounds on a 500+ lb street bike makes no difference a person could feel. Does it look good on paper? Sure. But I am certain that in a blind taste test you could not tell the difference.

As an old racer type, I like less weight. On my dirt bike or roadracer it is a very good thing. But unless I can save 50 lbs or so on my big Guzzi streetbikes I can't really see it making a difference.

And I do like dessert.....

• Like 1