No fuel pump

Tomchri

So happy with the charging,,,,  BUT,  new tires yesterday, out for a ride.  Started fine, everything smooth, suddenly died, no fuel pump.      Have power in the 10amp fuse - F2, on both sides with the fuse installed, fuse out, power only on the outside, that's probably correct. Blue wire goes to nr 2 relay, and its powered.  Key on, and power to the red and black wire and the green and white wire, same relay.   Also power to the coils for a second with the key on.  I also have power for a second in the wire  that feed my pump.My pump is working fine, when I just feed it with power from another battery. There's a blue wire goring to the ECU,,,  is my ECU dead ?   Have headlight and all the rest, just no fuel pump,   I go crazy very soon.    

I did mention a small Luigi a couple weeks ago, no rev counter, oil light, and neutral light , took all the relays out, I still mean there was enough grease there. All good for 100miles.    My brain hurts.     The Shindengen 847 now connected to my battery has nothing to do with this ?

What am I missing here?    I would like to understand the problem with a little help,,,,,  not many around here to ask.   

Cheers tom.

44 minutes ago, footgoose said:

when my fuel pump quits, it's replacing relay #5 that makes it happy

Well what can I say,,,,,   at least I did check all the wiring again, and it all checked out good ,  even the 4 connectors under fuse box,to my understanding   :doh:.

New Omron in 5th position and a big smile, pump going.    Even Omrons die :o.    Beer on me gentlemen.    Would have been great seeing all the faces,,,, changing,   Up against the wall,   Some good advice and it works out.

Cheers tom.  :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 8 months later...
On 5/27/2019 at 10:26 AM, footgoose said:

when my fuel pump quits, it's replacing relay #5 that makes it happy

Made my day today.  

Hadn't ridden the Greenie in a few weeks.  Started like a top, ran a minute and done.  No fuel pump.  Played around with fuses, then found this to pinpoint #5 relay.  Contact cleaner and the old in and out, relay musical chairs and then it ran.  Ran it 75 miles or so.  

• Like 4

For whatever reason, our beloved V11s seem to be abnormally susceptible to corrosion on the relay bases/relays. I'm clueless (my normal condition) :grin: as to why.

44 minutes ago, Chuck said:

For whatever reason, our beloved V11s seem to be abnormally susceptible to corrosion on the relay bases/relays. I'm clueless (my normal condition) :grin: as to why.

You cant get them wet Chuck, they dont like the rain. I never ride mine in the rain. If I get caught out I just go to the nearest hotel, book in and come out when it's fine:)

Ciao

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

You cant get them wet Chuck, they dont like the rain. I never ride mine in the rain. If I get caught out I just go to the nearest hotel, book in and come out when it's fine:)

Ciao

I believe you've found it. I was at the Ohio rally a few years back. Heavy dew. (!) All packed up, ready to go, push the button, and.... nothing. :rolleyes: Unpacked all my stuff, took out my earplugs, realized the fuel pump wasn't running, took the seat off, wiggled the relays, checked the fuses, varooom.

:mg::D

• Like 1