Replace the Stator????

not-fishing

Returning with my son on a multi day trip from Tuscon to home in Folsom, Ca my Lemans gave out.  I was able to nurse it back into Beatty Nevada where I got a room for the night and sent my son the 500 miles on home to get the pickup.  We loaded the Lemans the into the pickup next day and have taken it home.

The short regulator conversion harness from the two yellow stator wires to the Regulator connection wires was crispy.  The Battery voltage at 11 volts so I charged the battery and tested the charge coming in.  Nothing.  I already had an Electrosport Regulator (not a plug and play) so I cut off the bullets, soldered on bullets that fit tight (used in electric RC cars for high load) and spliced in the good portion of the old Regulator harness.

Always having the belt and suspenders mentality I wired in two relays at the headlight bucket and installed a double USB charging port with voltage gauge so that I could see the charging voltage.

After rereading the posts I checked the two yellow leads coming from the Stator and have infinite resistance.

My next thought is the Stator is Shot and needs to be replaced.

Am I traveling down the right rabbit hole??

Sometimes the wires from the stator break off inside the housing... If that would be the case a simple re-solder would do.

• Like 1