Resurrection

Nitzge

Maybe you would rest better using the "hose clamp" stop method to anchor your filter and drop the sump every filter change?

I don't love it, but some do.

• Like 1

It was the UFI, I'm sure thats what happened as when I went to drop the pan years ago I remember it came off by turning it a couple times, it was so loose it wiggled! 

• Thanks 1

Got the donor motor home! Now to run a couple quick tests to be sure it will be up to the task. Then tear it apart and reassemble into my block..... I love this stuff haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't think you'll find an outside filter set up...they are made for the big twin in the Tonti frames but not for the V11.  The sump is quite different with the oil cooler plumbing .

here's what the hose clamp stop looks like in one of those Tonti big twins, it will be different in your bike but you get the picture..

IMG_1718-M.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fotoguzzi said:

I don't think you'll find an outside filter set up...they are made for the big twin in the Tonti frames but not for the V11.  The sump is quite different with the oil cooler plumbing .

here's what the hose clamp stop looks like in one of those Tonti big twins, it will be different in your bike but you get the picture..

IMG_1718-M.jpg

Ya I noticed that, I got a donor motor from a Breva, for the crank and rods, was hoping to use the pistons also but they are flat tops not domed like the lemanz. I thought I saw a plate that moves the filter to the outside somewhere. Not that big a deal, it would be so much simpler to do a oil change though. This weekend going to pick up a gasket kit, was going to try and get it back together, not so sure now with the piston dilemma lol

fotoguzzi is having his images hosted on smugmug. Others use flickr or similar services. I use imgzeit because its inexpensive, simple, fast and does no tracking or ads.

Helps that I trust the developer (my son, v7cafe ;)) . . .

• Like 1

Just ordered all the gaskets and other goodies needed to put this jigsaw puzzle back together. I really can't wait to hear and feel the rumble of the big v twin again.... Been way to long

• Haha 1