Power loss/Engine cut out

TimB MV

Did you experience the same sort of power loss??

Om thinking of just replacing it with a new one... Thank you for the suggestion of soldering it... I’m a woodworker/carpenter!! Not mechanic.. but I’m learning thanks to all of you!!🤙🏻👍🏻

No, no power loss in my case. Since the time I had a regulator go bad and high, cooking quite some acid out of a then rather new Hawker, I have installed a small two tone led inside the tach which roughly shows me the status of the charging circuit. Dark red below 12V, bright green above 14.5. Roughly. In-between it's ok. So when I saw the red light I knew I had to do something. First lights off, then head home.

You may find the schematics for this little gimmick on Wayne Orwig's site. Recommended. Wayne Orwig's Guzzi Stuff or so

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Problem Solved...

I had a short/melted harness connection between stator and regulator... I decided to replace both components... Everything is back up and running.. I’m grateful for this forum and other outside help.. and the patience to work the problem and fix it on my own! I know that much more about my bike now!!!

Safe riding everyone!! 🙏🏻👍🏻

• Thanks 1