Scura clutch options

western trucker

Hi there 

I am a brand new Guzzi owner and  have just brought a 2002 Scura. Trouble is I have no idea on where I'm at in relation to the clutch, having read about the alloy flywheel issue I want to replace it. My question is what is the difference between a twin plate clutch like a griso one and a RAM clutch?  Secondly, do they ride differently ie quicker acceleration due to less weight? 

Lastly who sells RAM clutches? 

Cheers

Edited by western trucker
punctuation

Is your bike SN 344? If so, it was advertised on Trade Me in 2016 with a new RAM clutch in a package included in the sale.

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6728-scura-register/&do=findComment&comment=209802

If that flywheel & clutch was installed, you don't need to worry.

Perhaps you could ask your local Guzzi dealer Scooterazzi. They may have done the work.  https://scooterazzi.co.nz

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi WT,  Ram made a single plate clutch kit with steel flywheel for your 6 speed -- but no longer. A similar kit is available for a 5 speed. Your Scura has the correct and necessary oem clutch hub, which you will need if using the RAM 5 speed kit available here http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193&products_id=1698. Two other parts will need seeing to. The pressure actuating rod and matching cup. These are slightly different sizes in the two kits but can be made to work. This should make a RAM 5 speed kit work as a 6speed kit as the rest is the same. There is a trove of info on this subject on the forum. Search aluminum flywheel, exploding flywheel, RAM clutch. Some have opted for replacement with the standard twin plate clutch for the 6 speed. Any V11 6 speeder will work... rumored Centauro? Griso?... I don't know

The lighter clutched motor does spin up a bit quicker but not a drastic difference. I own and ride both. The pull at the lever is just the slightest bit lighter from dual plate to oem single plate. The RAM single plate unit 'pull' is noticeably lighter than the oem single plate, which I have installed in the Tenni. It is a sweet clutch. I'd recommend it.

Welcome to the forum sir.

umm, we like pictures:whistle:

Thanks for that footloose I’m very new to guzzi I’m finding there’s  a bit to catch up on and I’m also finding theyre rarer than I had first thought.

Im busy chasing a v11 top tripple tree to mod for a fat bar set up as I do not want to  machine the original numbered tripple tree but so far no responses from eBay sellers it has been a bit more difficult than I assumed.

patience Needed I guess

7 minutes ago, western trucker said:

Thanks for that footloose I’m very new to guzzi I’m finding there’s  a bit to catch up on and I’m also finding theyre rarer than I had first thought.

Im busy chasing a v11 top tripple tree to mod for a fat bar set up as I do not want to  machine the original numbered tripple tree but so far no responses from eBay sellers it has been a bit more difficult than I assumed.

patience Needed I guess

check this out...