JBBenson

Replacing all fasteners, is there a list?

Putting Ti fasteners on a Guzzi to save weight is like having a Diet Coke and Rum. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, swooshdave said:

Putting Ti fasteners on a Guzzi to save weight is like having a Diet Coke and Rum. 

True, I dont think there would be much more than a kilo or so to be save if you replaced every bolt with a ti one on a V11. I use them for their ability to stay looking nice forever. The weight saving is just icing on the cake.

Here's the Titanium axle nuts I use on my bike. Next time I have the front wheel off I'll machine some thread off the front axle.

DSC00616.JPG  

DSC00615.JPG

Ciao

• Like 3

Da'gum. Here, I just replaced my axle nuts and totally missed the opportunity to say, "I have titanium nuts.B)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Why is there a chain and padlock on that poor bike? Was it naughty?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, swooshdave said:

Why is there a chain and padlock on that poor bike? Was it naughty?

Oops, generally keep the chain and lock in the bedroom.

Ciao

Titaniumed bikes tend to float ...

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

True, I dont think there would be much more than a kilo or so to be save if you replaced every bolt with a ti one on a V11. I use them for their ability to stay looking nice forever. The weight saving is just icing on the cake.

Here's the Titanium axle nuts I use on my bike. Next time I have the front wheel off I'll machine some thread off the front axle.

DSC00616.JPG  

DSC00615.JPG

Ciao

Those look pretty cool.  I could only use the rear nuts since I have the Ducati front hollow axle, but am curious what size and where you sourced the rear axle nuts.

I agree that I don't think the point is saving weight, but instead replacing the corroding OEM fasteners... but not replacing them with something  that introduces a more significant mechanical problem.  So the Ti sound interesting. 

7 hours ago, al_roethlisberger said:

Those look pretty cool.  I could only use the rear nuts since I have the Ducati front hollow axle, but am curious what size and where you sourced the rear axle nuts.

I agree that I don't think the point is saving weight, but instead replacing the corroding OEM fasteners... but not replacing them with something  that introduces a more significant mechanical problem.  So the Ti sound interesting. 

The axle nuts are Probolt brand and I honestly cant remember what the sizes are, M20X1.5 or there abouts. I'll try and measure the size today if I can unless someone here beats me to it.   They aren't cheap but on flebay you can find cheaper options in plain flanged hex style.

Ciao

so... I just happened to find a 250-bolt kit for a 701 Husqvarna. It's by Fast Metric - you might contact the company to see if they know how to put a kit together for a V11.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/250pc-HUSQVARNA-Bolt-Kit-for-701-ENDURO/152542811910?fits=Make%3AHusqvarna&hash=item2384429706:g:QesAAOSwrhBZDO2V