Name the part

kantmakm

Hi folks - I am trying to find the name of a part in order to source a replacement.  It's a black plastic seal that sits between the seat and the tail pouch on the V11 sports.  I'm attaching a pic (not my bike) with a pointer to the part I'm trying to identify.  TIA!

moto.png

Affectionately referred to a the "monkey paw trap",  early V11 were a two piece affair with the mounting ring and a soft internal pouch. Later V11 are one hard plastic piece.

The early part, "Document holder" 01479630

Starting in 2002, later V11 one piece hard shell is also called "Document Holder"  01479660

Because the tail sections also changed, I am not certain that the Document Holders interchange between tail sections ("rear fairing).

Thanks, that's what I'm looking for.  Looks like it's not available through regular channels.  Might be a 3-d printer use case.  I found the later part for $42 but there's not a picture to compare - the schematics appear different enough that I doubt it would fit.

Yeah, the material of the "rear fairings" (tail sections) changed and I wonder if the money paw traps interchange. There are at least a couple guys here with both, so maybe we'll find out.

I suppose most folks parting out a V11 would leave the monkey paw trap in the tail section for sale . . .  :huh2:

Pretty sure your Rosso Mandello would have the "soft pocket."

A later "document holder" will not fit the earlier tail section.  The tail sections are totally different too - even the rear subframes that the tails (and pockets) mounts, too, are different. 

With the earlier tail, the pocket comes off with the tail section.

With the later tail, the pocket stays on the frame and tail has to be slid over the pocket for removal or installation.

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, gstallons said:

Define earlier / later please !

Earlier = Red Frame models

Later = Black Frame models starting in 2002

On 6/28/2019 at 1:47 PM, kantmakm said:

Hi folks - I am trying to find the name of a part in order to source a replacement.  It's a black plastic seal that sits between the seat and the tail pouch on the V11 sports.  I'm attaching a pic (not my bike) with a pointer to the part I'm trying to identify.  TIA!

moto.png

I know that bike