docc

Throttle Body rebuild/replacement

I do not think that this is the problem with "tuning " the TB sync. I also put new shaft seals in both TB's. There was an old thread on wild goose about this.

Plus I was tired of the spooge on my floor that looking like leaky carbs .

I got the seals from Cycle works ? in CA.  Same seals as a Duc uses. These seals are the good ones

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 5.18.24 PM.png

they are a bit pricey but I did not want to spend the time trying to track down something locally.

If you are going to be removing any screws make sure you use a good tool. The mounting screws are 3mm hex.Make sure you get it seated 

all the way. The TB plates are torx bit #20 I think. I did not have a problem with them.I did have some problems with the 3mm hex.

WARNING!!!!  If you pull the TB plates out, make some scribe marks so you will know how to re-install them. You can spend HOURS trying to get the

plates back in correctly ....and you still may not be correct.

andy

• Like 1

What is the problem? Centering them? I've never done that so far.

Yep . You practice on a throttle plate from a junk carb and see what happens . You will be making marks all over the next one . Do these one at a time to not mix parts .

Will do that, have an old Duc one in parts.

Andy, did they explain what the procedure was to improve the spray  pattern andstatic flow on your injectors?

Was everything improved by dissembling, cleaning and reassembling or were parts replaced?

Thanks for sharing the info with us.

Jerry

I took a leap of faith. After reading about this, I searched in vain for an injector cleaning service locally.

I found them on the web, read what was said on there web pageant sent them my injectors.

I don't have them back yet so this is still a work in progress. It my be a few more weeks before I can finish this project

because of life.

andy