Ohlins questions

footgoose

I'm finally getting around to installing the Ohlins from my '03 Rosso Corsa parts bike, on to my '02 LeMans. Searching through the digital manuals I have loaded, I can't find any information supplement covering Ohlins. The shock and forks were rebuilt at Ducati Indy, and set to factory specs, tho I'd want to do the next rebuild myself. Tree p/n's are the same.

I'd like to know what's different from standard regarding parts, (I see the axles are a different length) torques, and general assembly requirements, install wheels, etc. Is there a Ohlins manual supplement out there anyone knows of? Parts diagram? I think I've heard that the '03 and up are a different batch/model from the original ones on Scura. ? If there's a discussion somewhere on the forum, I can't locate it. The RC owner manual only says "Hello, yes you have Ohlins"

It's all together, and a straight forward job, but I want to be confident.. and right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, footgoose said:

I'm finally getting around to installing the Ohlins from my '03 Rosso Corsa parts bike, on to my '02 LeMans. Searching through the digital manuals I have loaded, I can't find any information supplement covering Ohlins. The shock and forks were rebuilt at Ducati Indy, and set to factory specs, tho I'd want to do the next rebuild myself. Tree p/n's are the same.

I'd like to know what's different from standard regarding parts, (I see the axles are a different length) torques, and general assembly requirements, install wheels, etc. Is there a Ohlins manual supplement out there anyone knows of? Parts diagram? I think I've heard that the '03 and up are a different batch/model from the original ones on Scura. ? If there's a discussion somewhere on the forum, I can't locate it. The RC owner manual only says "Hello, yes you have Ohlins"

It's all together, and a straight forward job, but I want to be confident.. and right.

The Ohlins stuff is covered in the V11 workshop manual update. I can email it to you if you want.

Ciao

• Like 1

FWIW: I upgraded my '01 V11 Le Mans to Öhlins. Easy. Fits w/o adapting. Only thing that didn't fit anymore was the front mudguard and the front axle. I went for an early Aprilia RSV CF one and a Ducati 999 hollow front axle.

• Like 2

my front wheel isn't exactly centered. I am using the wrong spacer and I can't find the correct one from the Rosso Corsa. On this list #7 is the one I'm after, but which? there are 3

The 390 is for std Lemans -Sport (from my 02) and p/n is correct for 02.

the 380 is for RC and NC - T6

the 300 is for RC - T5

So, how to determine which is mine... T5 or T6     my guess is T5 as it's earlier, and Nero Corsa came in 04? ( nope, NC was an o3 too)

thoughts?

image.png

10 hours ago, footgoose said:

I worked it out,

IMG-1104.JPG

WOWOWOWOWOWOWWWWWW!!!!!! :food:

This is one extraordinary Tenni! Welldone, footgoose!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LowRyter said:

tell us how it rides now

Very short ride, 98 degrees and  high humidity captured my attention. Just making sure it all works. As one would expect, a solid reassuring grip and bounce. A better longer ride is yet to come. The true test, on southern Indiana roads.

• Like 1

Yep, I put on some bar risers on another bike and an hour's ride was enough for me.  It was already 93 before noon when I got home and now it's 98.

5 hours ago, docc said:

WOWOWOWOWOWOWWWWWW!!!!!! :food:

This is one extraordinary Tenni! Welldone, footgoose!! :thumbsup:

Thank you sir. It’s how it should have come from the factory, given the nature of a tribute to the great Omobono Tenni. Prevented by bean counters in favor of market and model line pricing. Tenni Corsa  ... f - ‘em, I’ll do it myself.:race:

• Like 3