Sign in to follow this  
Mikko

Superior Hose Clamps

Just received my order of two (2) K&N RU-1780 Filters. I noticed they included some rather cheap clamps. A quick visit to Ideal Tridon's website and I found a much better clamp to use. The WAVESEAL360® .A brief description: 

WaveSeal360 clamps are comprised of two main parts, the clamp assembly and the wave profile SmartLiner. The wave profile SmartLiner  is high quality, thin gauge  stainless steel specifically tempered to expand and contract with temperature variations. The clamp rides on SmartLiner so pressure is more evenly distributed around the hose.

Material Specifications
Screw: 5/16″ Hex Head, 410 Stainless

Housing: 300 Stainless

Band: 9/16″, 300 Stainless

Installation Torque: 70 in-lbs (7.9 Nm)

I looked around and very few places stock it. I was able to order them, but the minimum order was a box of ten (10) That was $50 with shipping. I will have four (4) sets of two (2) available to the group here if you'd like to step up your clamp game. Price would be $10 a set and I'll cover postage in CONUS

Please let me know!

36003.png

Screenshot (26).jpg

• Like 1

The stock IT clamps that are included in the K&N Filter kit are the low end worm gear clamps. I don't use these style clamps that have the gear teeth exposed so when you tighten them down, the clamp bites into the hose. You see the liner inside this waveseal clamp protects the hose and provides a airtight seal without damaging the hose/intake/etc. Plus it can contract/expand with temperature. To bolt up the filters to the intake, I want a high quality clamp that provides a reliable, safe and long lasting connection.

ideal-clamp-6324-worm-gear-hose-clamp-1-in-to-2-in.jpg

36003.png

• Like 1