Resurrection part 2...

Nitzge

So, get home from work and filled the tank with some 94, took the battery off the charger and put it in, check it over for fuel leaks, none seen. Cycle the key a few times to prime pump, all is good so far. Hit the starter switch, it turns over but no start, thats ok I think.... Try again..... It burps a bit, but no start.... Try third time, BINGO!!! third is always a charm right? It really sounds good, revs strong. Then, after a bit I lost horn, brake lights and headlight...... Damned voltage regulator fails...... Is this a sign? Anyway, anyone ever replace thiers and if so, what did ya go with??

30 minutes ago, docc said:

More likely the #2 Relay from the front. Or Fuse#5 . . .

I wish it was. Checked them and all is ok, I have power from the 30a fuse hitting the regulator, 0vdc coming back out on the black and white wires..... Bike still runs, but I have no horn, dash idiot lights or headlight.... 

What are the voltages at the battery key off, key on, idle, and at some rpm?

(Voltage at the 30 amp fuse is coming from the regulator, not "powering" it . . .)

Classic Relay Failure. Check, also the #1 relay in the NC position. We need to figure out which wiring  harness you have.

RedMy question is, if I have voltage to regulator on the green/red wire, shouldn't I also have power one of the two wires in the 2 plug coming back out of it? (Light blue/red-black)

WELL I BE DAMNED!!! I went out and checked what you guys told me too and low and behold it must have been a bad connection on one of the relays.... I switched em around and now its all normal! (I swear I checked em before!) 

• Like 1

No docc, this bike has been sitting for 10 years, I had enough and said enough is enough! So here we are, with me riding again!! I am SOOOO excited!! What are these relays you speak of?

29 minutes ago, Nitzge said:

No docc, this bike has been sitting for 10 years, I had enough and said enough is enough! So here we are, with me riding again!! I am SOOOO excited!! What are these relays you speak of?

Click on this link and get a full set of five (maybe extras?). Use Caig DeOxit® on every contact, terminal, connection you open and can get to. Service the main ground to the back of the gearbox on the right. "Condition" your battery . . .

https://www.onlinecomponents.com/omron-electronics/g8he1c7trdc12-42670683.html

• Like 1