Colour change - Coppa or Green??

Cikko

Hello Noob owner here,

I first wanted to change my orange coloured V11 to that gorgeous GREEN that seems to defy sunshine/camera lenses and almost glows like a nuclear power plant waste material.....

Ive pawed photos of greenies and my heart races when I see those colours.

But then the old man inside thinks the Coppa Italia looks traditional and more befitting and possibly even rarer than a Greenie.

Who thinks what about these 2 choices? My paint isn't bad - but I bought the V11 because it is such a cutie.... and looks even cuterererr :) in Green.... but svelt in Coppa.....argghhhhhh

:help:

• Like 1

Hi your bike was a bargain because of the orange paint, looked at it myself as I buy and sell a few V11s in the UK, the green is a difficult colour as it is a special process, I take it you mean a Coppa Italia replica which is a nice idea but it will still be an early bike with silver engine and wheels which is wrong for a Coppa

23 minutes ago, Steve S said:

Hi your bike was a bargain because of the orange paint, looked at it myself as I buy and sell a few V11s in the UK, the green is a difficult colour as it is a special process, I take it you mean a Coppa Italia replica which is a nice idea but it will still be an early bike with silver engine and wheels which is wrong for a Coppa

Hey Steve,

I'm pleased you saw it too - yeah the colour isn't very nice.

I fell inlove with the green and then registered here and saw the Coppa Italia rep colour scheme and thought it probably would be a nicer colour scheme long term. I wouldnt be wanting to pass it off as a Coppa - I just like the colours for an Italian bike - it almost "has" to be the tricoloure if I'm doing the paint.

What is the process for painting the green? Is it a candy colour? Ive done candy red/orange/yellow but not this green.

Gstallons mentioned I can buy a tank in any colour I like - why do I need to buy a tank?

If you buy and sell a few what stopped you buying this one if you don't mind - I'm new to V11's :)

Stu

you spray silver and over that a transparent green coat, finally seal it (and the applied stickers) with clear lacquer. The colour (system) is hard to get and for the right effect it needs an experienced painter. The silver layer must be perfect, the size of the particles and their orientation make the difference.

Congratulations to you for your fine taste, by the way :) 

Hey guys,

Thanks for the input - it's great to hear others' opinions and thoughts and great to hear from V11 owners - i'm pleased I found this space.

The bike was painted orange by someone at some time - here's a photo of it....

I will make this beautiful.

Orange V11 (Small).jpg

• Like 3

I fancy the green and to accentuate the red elements - so get red Eagle/Moto Guzzi tank badges and pick up the red stuff (inc the horns) so it'll look spanking :D

Also those exhausts - I like the up-swept angled ones maybe carbon or effect. I used to have a Suzuki TL1000 and had lovely carbon cans on that at high level.

Ahh Luhbo - thank you for that input too. I think I'm going to do green as its the colour that makes my heart flutter when I see it. I don't think it gets better than that..... a bit like looking at Daenerys Targaryen

:D

• Like 1

I didn't buy it because of the paint but you got it cheap enough to put it right, also I've got 2 for sale at the moment already,

get some Carbon fibre side panels and front mudguard paint the tank rosso red and the tail gloss black, there's an idea for you

You just missed a pair of titanium cans on ebay but there's a pair of carbon mistrals on ebay uk, if you don't buy them I will

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moto-Guzzi-V11-Carbon-Silencers-and-Race-Titanio-ECU/383060065647?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3D46ab1ae14f5b4057878437b9ff30b9a4%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D254309415853%26itm%3D383060065647%26pg%3D2045573&_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042

12 minutes ago, Steve S said:

I didn't buy it because of the paint but you got it cheap enough to put it right, also I've got 2 for sale at the moment already,

get some Carbon fibre side panels and front mudguard paint the tank rosso red and the tail gloss black, there's an idea for you

You just missed a pair of titanium cans on ebay but there's a pair of carbon mistrals on ebay uk, if you don't buy them I will

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moto-Guzzi-V11-Carbon-Silencers-and-Race-Titanio-ECU/383060065647?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3D46ab1ae14f5b4057878437b9ff30b9a4%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D254309415853%26itm%3D383060065647%26pg%3D2045573&_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm not going to buy those carbon cans - I know they are genuine I just don't like the mountings - in carbon with v-twin boom - I'd rather go with carbon that's "solid".... I've seen one shatter once due to SP2 boom on a mates bike - so they can be fragile....

Thank you for the thought though.

We should keep in touch so not to out bid each other!

• Haha 1