Mikko

Petcock mounting size

I’d like to replace both with Pingal’s. Try to find smaller diameter or at least some that would make pulling the tank off easier. Anyone know what the size is for the adapter that bolts into the bottom of the tank?

thank you! 

I can check that in few hours when I can get to my pile. The device on the right is not a petcock, but the actual pressure regulator.

Really? What a weird and wonderful place to put that... hmmm.. I didn’t know, I was on the “damn it I poked my finger side”...

Is your petcock manual (knob) or are there wires coming from it?

The Scura has the external fuel pump and filter?

1 hour ago, sp838 said:

The Scura has the external fuel pump and filter?

So, yeah, 2002 V11 (including the Scura) should all have "chin pad tanks" with external fuel pump and filter with the regulator on the bottom right of the tank. Not sure when Guzzi gave up on the early (unreliable) electric petcocks and went back to the manual version.

And, nuts, I dug out the "electric cock" I removed from my Sport and it does not reveal what is tapped into the tank itself, only the female threads that attach onto the tank tap.  Not sure that would help you at all, Mikko?

• Like 1

Looking at the parts manual for 2002, looks like it might be manual. No wires shown on the drawing, part number is GU29105460

The electric petcock part number is GU01105330

If you measure the inside diameter of the female threads (in mm naturally) and add two, that should give the size of the male part, no?

• Thanks 1