How many Ballabios?

guzzijek

Does anyone know how many Ballabios were produced in the V11 production run? I know a few have tried to find out numbers before; has anyone had any luck? So far I have been able to find out that less than 4000 total Guzzis were produced in 2004, my bikes' production year.  If the number of Ballabios made in 2004 was less than 1500, then I qualify for substantially lower insurance costs.  About 1/4 of what I pay now, so its worth it to find out. The insurance people of course need proof, so does anyone have any sources/numbers? Thanks!

Ballabio s manufactured , 628 total and 223 in 2004 . 

Confirmed with letter from Piaggio Customer Service in Italy . Just went through this myself for collector plates but don’t have them yet .

good luck with yours 

• Thanks 1

Thank you brenwin! Thats excellent, I appreciate you answering my question. How did you get the letter from Piaggio? Did you go through their historic vehicle search on the guzzi website?

4 hours ago, brenwin said:

This information came from Piaggio Customer Service after documentation was sent with the bikes VIN asking for these numbers . Took a longtime ! 

Thanks again, brenwin! I found the page that lets you ask questions on their website and entered my information in, including the VIN.  This sounds like the same online form you mentioned.  Please keep the forum posted as to the success of your collector plate process.  I saw a 2003 Le Mans for sale on craigslist just last week in the Mission area, and it had collector plates on it, so they are passing the application process.  Thanks again for the help!

Brenwin, can you please let me know which of the forms you filled out? I went to the piaggio customer service page filled out the form and got a reply this morning saying that  they don't give out the production numbers to the public.  Did you do the paid historic vehicle documentation or just the general customer service inquiry form? Thanks!

On 8/1/2019 at 12:51 PM, brenwin said:

Confirmed with letter from Piaggio Customer Service in Italy . Just went through this myself for collector plates but don’t have them yet .

good luck with yours 

I never realized there were that few. There's not much more Ballabios than there were Scuras....

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2019 at 3:34 PM, Rox Lemans said:

I never realized there were that few. There's not much more Ballabios than there were Scuras....

I was told by a reliable dealer source who is now retired that Guzzi would of sold many more V11s if the Ballabio was made available initially at the start of production in 2000-2001 ! The upright riding position being the main reason .

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the info guys. I was able to get Collector plate for my 2004 Ballabio. I did not provide any info, just  checked boxes that said 15 years old and less than 1500 manufactured. They must of already had the data you submitted to confirm low production. Picked up plate and insurance today. Saves a lot of money.

• Like 1

No go in Washington State. 30 years minimum. They want that additional 15 years' licensing income. And you thought the BC government was money-hungry!

Kinda nice to know  I have one of 223. Wonder how many made it to the US.

• 1 year later...
On 8/1/2019 at 3:41 PM, guzzijek said:
On 8/1/2019 at 3:51 PM, brenwin said:

good luck with yours 

Hi Brenwin. Any chance you could share the email or other documents that Piaggio sent you?