guzzigary

Chuck-Lucky Phil shift extender

Genyoowine  C-LP shift extender in all its zinc chromate glory.

Never installed.

$50 merican plus shipping

• Like 1

When you go to install this , remove the shift lever bolt 8mm dia. I think . the nut at the inside is a jam nut so loosen it 1 turn and unscrew the pivot bolt . Remove and grease everything . 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gstallons said:

When you go to install this , remove the shift lever bolt 8mm dia. I think . the nut at the inside is a jam nut so loosen it 1 turn and unscrew the pivot bolt . Remove and grease everything . 

Truly! In fact: clean, service, shim, and align the entire Rube Goldberg shift mechanism!  :thumbsup:

Make sure the foot lever does not strike the FrameSidePlate in any gear on the downstroke.

DSCN1241.JPG

Also , make sure the shifter does not bang / rub on the pork chop after reassembly .

1 minute ago, gstallons said:

Also , make sure the shifter does not bang / rub on the pork chop after reassembly .

Yeah, the "Frame Side Plate" . . . you can actually see a little nick in mine in the image above.  Seems the lever doesn't move the same throw in all downdshifts, so check through the range.

just got it yesterday. It's very nicely made. This is a perfect example of how technology that can bring people together, used for a good purpose.  Thanks Guzzigary! and everyone for install tips. I think i will study the shift improvement discussion page(s) I now have the improved spring and shift extender. need to see if my bike has the updated adjuster. I want to go through it and straighten the metal piece and all the good stuff. this bike will shift like two eels fu&^!$% in a pool of baby oil....smooth baby!