Dasboard interchangeble

Dadparent

I have a 2003 v11 with the black meters in the dashboard. Now I can buy white meters with a complete dashboard of the older Sport models I like them. But is it interchangeable?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

The cable drive to the speedometer is different on the early white-face Veglia. I have seen the later cable (" bent tube" guide at the gearbox) used to drive them, so may be worth a try without changing to the early "bevel drives."

Neither the later black-face nor the early white face instruments have been terribly reliable.

• Sad 1

Come to think of it, the later Warning Light cluster also differs: no charging/battery light and turn indicators for right and left. I suppose the wiring connector would also differ in that case (?) :huh2:

10,000 miles/ 16.000 km (over two years) on my custom SpeedHut now. My three white-face Veglia speedometers each went about 26,000-30,000 miles , so the jury is still out, but I love them!

IMG_1952.JPG.jpeg

• Like 1

I looked in the Parts catalogue and saw the different numbers. I want to ask the seller (a Guzzi agent) if the Tacho cable still fits. The wiring is not the biggest I think.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Pro

No cable for the tacho, only the differing speedo drive. Again, the later cable has been used to drive earlier Veglia speedos. Hmm, it occurs to me now that you could retain the later light console with no wiring or lighting changes and only install the gauges themselves.

Since your 2002 LeMans would already have white-face Veglia, you are looking to put Veglia on the Nero Corsa? That would look magnificent, IMO! :food:

Thanks Docc. My English writing cost me so much effort that I change tacho for speedo. But of I understood you well, you expect no difficulties with the speedo. Only the driving part in the gearbox is different and the later cable is the cable momentarily used for both models.

By the way both my LM’s have black faces.

What’s the translation of your shortcut at the end ? I’m curious.

1 hour ago, Dadparent said:

"By the way both my LM’s have black faces."

( A 2002 with black-face gauges? Must be late production. Does it have the later tank with pump inside? )

"What’s the translation of your shortcut at the end ? I’m curious."

( Electrically, only the Warning Lights differ from early to late V11, so perhaps you could keep your original center light consle and only change the gauges themselves. No wiring changes, then. )

Do both your V11 have separate left and right turn indicators in the center Warning Light console?

Hè Docc Here are the pictures of both my dashes. No seperate warninglite in one case and the other has them. Was does it mean for you (and me ) ? Gr. Dirk

IMG_2886.jpgIMG_2883.jpg

Its the one with pink key label And yes my original plan was simply changing the meters. Till you warned me for some difficulties.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

I think you will be fine on the 2002 with no electrical changes at all. Keep your own center warning light console and speedometer drive cable.

If the cable breaks, you can convert to the earlier angle drives, but they are also fragile and require some preparation and maintenance.

Please post pictures of your LeMans with the Veglia! :mg: