bench sync of throttle bodies

andy york

Went back to square one ...started the process over again. Everything worked out good. Got the TB's balanced, have an idle screw that actually

does something, seems to run good. At the moment, no more weeping from the shaft seals, which was the main intent to begin with.

Now, I need a name for the black plastic "thingy" that snaps onto the ball on the right TB. Screws onto the balance rod.I would like to replace 

it with something of metal. Both the plastic ones I have are cracked, brittle, and quite frankly, Sloppy.

Hiem joint comes to mind but I can't seem to find anything that doesn't have a hole for a bolt or stud. Need something that fits an 8mm ball.

6 hours ago, andy york said:

Now, I need a name for the black plastic "thingy" that snaps onto the ball on the right TB. Screws onto the balance rod.I would like to replace 

it with something of metal. Both the plastic ones I have are cracked, brittle, and quite frankly, Sloppy.

Hiem joint comes to mind but I can't seem to find anything that doesn't have a hole for a bolt or stud. Need something that fits an 8mm ball.

Ball sockets Mercedes Benz P/N A0009930461, and Volvo P/N 946703 both work.

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?/topic/19266-throttle-body-balance-rod-repair/&do=findComment&comment=208046

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 7:22 PM, MartyNZ said:

Ball sockets Mercedes Benz P/N A0009930461, and Volvo P/N 946703 both work.

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?/topic/19266-throttle-body-balance-rod-repair/&do=findComment&comment=208046

Yes I used the Benz one on the Daytona throttle bodies and it worked fine. 

Ciao

• Thanks 1

I just refitted my clapped out linkage rod with a "younger one" and it tightened up the connection.

The looseness was all in the ball connector.(Not on the left "white knob" side.)

Gotta get-me one o' them Benz thangs . . .