I see where some BMW rider and his ambulance chaser has filed ( in NJ ) a class action lawsuit against BMW for all things , faulty gearshift indicators . Their feelings are hurt because the rider cannot tell what gear they are in .

Somehow , I can see that .

14 hours ago, Chuck said:

A mechanic friend says it means Bitch Moan Whine..:rasta:

That is good. I like that.

I saw a blurb about the recall, did not read past the headline. If it really is just the gear indicator that really is some weak cr@p there. I can't imagine needing one in the first place, but to not be able to properly and safely ride because of one not working right? Just F'ing ignore it and ride.

I had a Honda CTX for a couple of years. It had one, in part because it had their DCT trans. It was about as useful as those old "economy" gauges they would put on big American V8's in the 70's (that were nothing more than a vacuum gauge). If you wanted to have power you had to accept that your "economy / vacuum was going to go down. All the gauge did was let you see it.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Ive owned a couple of K100's in the past and the gear indicator was one of those things that you don't really need but its nice to have. I generally used it to check I was in top gear. I still toe the lever sometimes to check I'm in 6th when my brain is in neutral

Ciao

Yeah. I occasionally toe the shifter to make sure I am in top gear, and I also flip the turn signal switch off as a habit.

Having a gear indicator would be nice. But if it didn't work right I don't see how it could be a safety issue.