Putting wire wheels on a v11 sport

griswoia

Anyone have experience fitting 1100 California wire wheels on a v11 sport?

Love to swap off the mags but looks like front is an 18" (stock sport is 17").  Thoughts?  Opinions? Experiences y'all want to share?

Oh and BTW this bike has a power commander... So maybe that would be important to the discussion....

• Haha 1

Are those wire wheels tube type only?  I've put some tubeless types back on the road with good plugging and a compressor, but patching tubes by the roadside is out of my pay grade . . . :o

Especially with only a side stand . . .  :huh:

1 hour ago, griswoia said:

Anyone have experience fitting 1100 California wire wheels on a v11 sport?

Love to swap off the mags but looks like front is an 18" (stock sport is 17").  Thoughts?  Opinions? Experiences y'all want to share?

Oh and BTW this bike has a power commander... So maybe that would be important to the discussion....

Best and cheapest way to go I think is wheel hubs off a Cali and re lace with 17 inch modern tubeless alloy rims. There are wheels available from Ghezzi Brian and others but they are expensive. Personally I dont think wire wheels suit the style of a V11.

Ciao

1 hour ago, fotoguzzi said:

Putting an 18" wheel on front would be a really dumb idea. Any good sport bike wears 17" rims.

Sure, but with spoked wheels it is fairly easy to change the diameter of the rim.

Although I have had a few bikes with a 17" front and 18" rear and always found that combo works well.

What I really don't care for are 16" wheels.

Yeah that's the bike that has me thinking.  I actually love the outside of rim spoke pattern.

Ok thanks for the info