Scura wiring diagram

Chuck

Looks to me like if you power the 5-pin NO Start Relay it will pull in Relay #2. So, back to making sure the Start Relay is switched.

1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

Are these of any use? Larger version in my album.

1999_V11_sport.gif

2004_V11_Sport_Catalytic.gif

Ciao

LIke I said.. the 02 is "different" from the 99 and 04. I know I spent way too much time looking at the wrong diagram, saying Uhhh.. fortunately KR set me straight. :thumbsup::grin:

58 minutes ago, bbolesaz said:

Anyone have source files for the above drawings ?

I thought there were only two V11 wiring harnesses?

Chuck's photo of his Owner's Manual diagram looks like #2 in LuckyPhil's post? (later V11 wiring) . . .

LuckyPhil's images are from CarlAllison's work?

Still hosted on Gregory Bender's ThisOldTractor?

http://www.thisoldtractor.com/moto_guzzi_misc_wiring_diagrams.html

Seems to me the later V11 wiring abandoned the relay dependent loom of the early V11 and went back to the previous generation start wiring that depended on the Ignition Switch, instead.

Pros and cons either way, but early V11 wiring can benefit most from High Current Relays. Later V11 wiring (Scura?) rely on the Ignition Switch more.

All I can say is when I was looking at Carl's diagrams, when I'd look at wires, it would be different colors on my bike.  FWIW, when I was fooling with :huh2: The barn find Strada, I couldn't get Carl to understand there was an extra relay that *wasn't* on his schematic. That never did get translated to his drawing. Believe me, I'm not knocking Carl..it can be confusing.

At any rate, when I looked at the wiring "that I was working with" on this latest thing, the colors were the same as the black and white I posted from the back of the owner's manual.

• Thanks 1

On 8/9/2019 at 3:53 PM, Lucky Phil said:

Are these of any use? Larger version in my album.

1999_V11_sport.gif

2004_V11_Sport_Catalytic.gif

Ciao

The first diagram has the start relay supplied direct from the battery, it will deliver 40+ Amps to the starter relay each and every time.

The second diagram feeds the juice through a fuse, all the way to the front of the bike through the wimpy switch and tiny wires then all the way back to the relay, it will be lucky to get 30 Amps to the starter relay, more likely low 20s. This is the sort of wiring all the modern Guzzis are fighting , MPH are selling their Startus Interruptus kits by the thousand, all it does is adds wiring to make it more like No 1

What neither of these drawings show you is the correct starter wiring, there are 2 coils inside the solenoid, one that draws 11 Amps at 12 Volts and the other that draws 48 Amps at 12 Volts When I say 40+ Amps I'm allowing for some Voltage drop.

My first Guzzi was 2001 VII Sport was wired like the first one, I couldn't figure out what Startus Interuptus was all about until I took the time to measure the solenoid.

2230-001.jpg

The coil shown on Guzzi diagrams is the one that measures 1.05 Ohms,

Measure your solenoid from the spade connector to chassis, see what you get.

For a giggle Google "MPH Startus interuptus kit", makes me sad that Guzzi have been struggling with this for 40 years and are still pushing bikes out the door doomed to fail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My Scura didn't match either diagram.  Don't remember the details. I marked up the 1999 diagram to document the differences.

If I had access to the source files, I could likely edit the diagram to create a new diagram matching the reality.  Can't really edit a .gif or .jpg diagram.

Did your operator's manual come with a diagram glued to the back inside cover page ? 

I took mine and had 3 normal size and one 1.5 size and laminated .