Clutch bleeding

Colorobo

I installed pazzo levers and really don't like the friction point of the clutch now. I have adjusted the screw and it changed a little. Basically the clutch engages really far out but dies not slip. does it bleed like everything else. Squeeze lever open bleed shut bleed release. Don't let fluid is Res. suck air ect.  Or is it better to push fluid from slave cylinder. Or pull with vacuum? Thanks Rob

Bike is 04 Le mans.

• docc changed the title to Clutch bleeding

You probably had some air in the system before you replaced the levers so it was a little spongy which would give you an engagement point closer to the bar. Now with the system bled the engagement point is further out because the system has less sponge in it.

Dont your new levers have adjustable reach?

BTW the best method for bleeding by light years is with a pressure bleeder. You can buy one in the states for $60. Thats what I did. Vacuum bleeding is pretty rubbish and there is always the risk that when manual bleeding you push the master piston a lot deeper in the cylinder than normal and risk seal damage from the seal passing over an area it doesn't normally see. Pressure bleeding avoids this and makes fluid flushing really easy.

Ciao 

• Thanks 1