stator

andy york

11 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Seems to me that is should be around 40V AC at around 4K rpm.

Yep,  Workshop Manual says 15 volts AC at 1000 rpm,  40vAC @ 4000, 80 vAC @ 6000.

On 8/18/2019 at 3:49 PM, andy york said:

Hi again 

could some refresh my memory as to the ac voltage on the 2 yellow wires from the stator.

trying to determine why my charge light is on 

thanks 

Andy

Maybe we can get together , My light will NOT come on ?

16 hours ago, gstallons said:

Maybe we can get together , My light will NOT come on ?

LOL.    I wasn't aware that mine worked.In a previous regulator install, the directions said the charge light would be in operative.

beats me....but its on now.  Need to find a Shinnding reg or whatever its called. Like to try something different.

8 hours ago, andy york said:

LOL.    I wasn't aware that mine worked.In a previous regulator install, the directions said the charge light would be in operative.

beats me....but its on now.  Need to find a Shinn  ding reg or whatever its called. Like to try something different.

Only done about 4000miles with my  upgrades,    Shindengen 847 on 2 bikes.     My stator and regulator seems to have a healty temp, compared to before.   And I run without the 30amp fuse    :D.

Cheers tom.

3 hours ago, luhbo said:

Cutting out this 30A fuse is dangerous.

Now you made me wondering .  And I just put in a fuse.    It was just a test to see if everything was working without the fuse,   and it was  ?

Cheers tom.

With the fuse open the regulator won't work, means won't charge. With the fuse solidly bridged (what I understand under "running it without a fuse") you go a rather high risk of fire in whatever form. Because then you have your mighty Odyssey directly connected either to the regulator or, in case of a shorted cable, directly to the frame or the engine etc.

• Thanks 1