Which year models.....?

pete roper

2 hours ago, pete roper said:

Were affected by the gearbox dog issues? Was it 2000-2001? Did the Rosso Mandello fall into that category? I can't remember???

October 99 to April 2001 Pete. VIN 111929 to 114435

Ciao

• Thanks 1

Thanks Phil. I got contacted by a bloke in Canberra/Goulburn today who has just bought a RM from Western Australia. He drained the gearbox and the oil was 'Silvery' and had a few bits in, (I'll post up the pics he sent later so everyone can have a scry.). I don't have enough experience with the 'Old' six speed to know what's what so some feedback would be helpful.

pete

4 minutes ago, pete roper said:

Thanks Phil. I got contacted by a bloke in Canberra/Goulburn today who has just bought a RM from Western Australia. He drained the gearbox and the oil was 'Silvery' and had a few bits in, (I'll post up the pics he sent later so everyone can have a scry.). I don't have enough experience with the 'Old' six speed to know what's what so some feedback would be helpful.

pete

I've got one apart on the bench now with a cracked upper r/h mount. Dont think the RM's were affected Pete. Here's the recall.

Guzzi_transmission_recall.pdf

OK, so next question is what are the major parts needed ,ie the bits that fall to pieces, needed to rectify said clusterfuck? Yes, any seals and gaskets, (Although from memory the original six speeder doesn't use gaskets?) but what are the explody bits? Part #'s or just a parts diagram with arrows would be good. 

I see that Guzzi suggested 8-9 hours for the repair. I fart lavishly in their general direction!

pete

Pete  the recall I remember was for the "moveable sleeve" in the six speeder.

on the 2002 Lemans parts diagram picture C-13    #'s 2 & 8. #2 is Part# 04214900.....#8 is Part #  04213900

I believe these are the sleeves that the shift forks fit in and actually shift the gears.

I don't think "gears" were involved 

Hi Pete(r)

I happen to have the recall kit GU973260900016. It consist of 2 sleeves and 1 redesigned cush drive. Let me know if you have trouble getting these parts free from Moto Guzzi.

Send me your mail and you can get pictures of the parts. 

Rolf (rolf.halvorsen@mail.com)

• Like 1

Ref. Service Announcement No. 14-2003

Affected VIN: 

ZGUKR0000YM112131 - ZGUKR00001M114639

ZGUKR00001M111111 - ZGUKR00001M111147

ZGUKR0000YM211111 - ZGUKR00001M211162

Bikes from 1999 until 2002

Kit code no. 973260900016

Flexible coupling hose - 04211201 - 1ea.

Spacer - 04212401 - 1ea.

Movable hose - 04214901 - 2ea.

Rolf

• Like 1

Fantastic! Thanks Rolf. I think the chances of me getting any help, or even information, from our importer here on an 18 year old motorbike is nonexistent. I'll try today but I'll bet you anything I get the bum's rush so if you want to part with those bits I'll probably be in the market. Customer is coming up next Wednesday.

my email incidentally is 

motomoda.roper<at>gmail.com

Thanks.