rear rack SOLD

footgoose

for sport/lemans, unsure of mfg. Stein Dense maybe? $75. Plus buyer pays shipping.

* a note on shipping: lately I've found that getting a quote on larger packages may not hold up when it comes time to ship. the charge can vary by carrier and by day of the week.

DSCN52831.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hey, I'll take it.  save some $$ over the Hepco that is for sure.    I sometimes commute/and want to go on day trips and such and backpacks get annoying.  

looks like we have sister bikes-

• footgoose changed the title to rear rack SOLD

Arrive and installed!   Thank you for the picture and including all the hardware (including those spacers as they were necessary) -  not sure I could have figured it out without the pic~

• Like 1

I WILL say, in case someone comes across this, that some posts about later models may say :  you only have to remove 6 screws to remove the rear bodywork is incorrect for earlier models (at least my 2000).  For this model there is a 7th screw in the center of the plastic pan guard- it goes up through and holds the tool bag compartment in place as well.  

There also 2 more screws inside/under the rear guard flap that you may want to remove unless you are able to remove it all at once.  for me this was too hard so I separated the parts and all told it was 11 screws to get it all to the point I needed without fear of breaking something.  .  

Not gonna kill you to do 11 screws, but its certainly not 6, at least for the 2000 model.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

more info:  not sure the maker of this rack, but the GIVI "universal" mounting brackets don't align with it.    It's not a problem as I have no issue drilling a bit of steel and making my own brackets.  But just adding to the knowledge base.    Its gonna be great, the top case is gonna fit fine and I'll be able to do some light touring on a 2000 v11 sport.  gonna be great for my back!    but I will be having a hell of a good time. 

-j

• Like 1

• 3 months later...