Cylinder head plug

czakky

11 hours ago, czakky said:

@Phil, I’m not seeing any 39.5 or 46.5 valves listed on there website. Have you bought this size from them?

Thanks 

I’m sorry Phil, I was referring to Kibblewhite. I don’t see V11 Sport size valves listed. 

2 hours ago, czakky said:

I’m sorry Phil, I was referring to Kibblewhite. I don’t see V11 Sport size valves listed. 

No sorry I didnt look at the sizes just the Big Block ref. I dont believe it matters a whole lot as they will make whatever you want. Email them and ask for a price for a price for the V11 valve sizes. You may need to send them a std valve but all the BB's are probably the same with the exception of the major dia. 

Ciao

• 3 weeks later...

All is right with the world. She’s back together and probably running better than ever. 

Left side valves seems to make more noise than before so I’ll be checking them soon. Hopefully that oil in the bell housing is from my recent breather hose leak. 

Two things the machine shop asked me about. 

One is, the original(?) guides look to have a step on the top side. Does this indicate a liner at some point?

The other question. The shop asked me who did my porting? Do all Guzzi’s have these shaping/grinding marks in the intake and exhaust ports?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, czakky said:

All is right with the world. She’s back together and probably running better than ever. 

Left side valves seems to make more noise than before so I’ll be checking them soon. Hopefully that oil in the bell housing is from my recent breather hose leak. 

Two things the machine shop asked me about. 

One is, the original(?) guides look to have a step on the top side. Does this indicate a liner at some point?

The other question. The shop asked me who did my porting? Do all Guzzi’s have these shaping/grinding marks in the intake and exhaust ports?

What valves did you end up going with?

Do you mean this step? Image 2

http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68_127&products_id=423

My spare head just has a cast finish in the ports. 

Ciao

• Like 1

I went with Fast by Ferracci valves. Looks like he’s liquidating ($22 US each).

The step is on the top side visible when valve springs/spacers are removed. It is the same color of the guide itself.

On 10/11/2019 at 4:18 AM, czakky said:

I went with Fast by Ferracci valves. Looks like he’s liquidating ($22 US each).

The step is on the top side visible when valve springs/spacers are removed. It is the same color of the guide itself.

Bargain, not sure about the guides though. I'll take another look at my spare head.

Ciao

Another piece of collateral damage when having these heads done was the head temp sensor housing, bakelite thingy broke. When looking for a new part I ordered from AF1. Those guys seem to run a great business! I don’t normally go to them but I should.

thats all.

• Like 1