Fuel hose routing help

Grim

Hello, this is my first post so let me introduce myself. I live in Stratford upon Avon in the UK and I have recently bought a 2003 V11 sport.

I am in the process of returning things to stock, and have found that the fuel line that connects both injectors seems to could the base of the airbox in any orientation I can imagine.

Currently the hose is routed under the rear of the spine, through the same area where the clutch line terminates. 

I can't find a diagram or explanation of the fuel line routing anywhere, and I'm not even sure it could go anywhere else!

Has anyone replaced there hoses? I have some 5/16 Gates MPI hose (3mm wall) but am struggling with routing.

Thank you

• Like 1

There is a "tunnel" that should only have the throttle linkage rod through it, nothing else. The fuel line between the injectors runs behind, and below, that.

View from the right:

IMG_2756.jpg

And from the left:

IMG_2760.jpg

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

Thank you, that is where it goes, I guess I need to angle it so it clears the two bits of loom that interfere with it on the right hand side, an the airbox base -- it's pretty tight down there.

A secondary question would be, where are the two large wiring loom bundles supposed to go, currently they come down from the spine, sit on the gearbox then go up the subframe to the battery box, this means they are in the same place as the fuel hose/clutch line.

There is a little channel on the underside of the airbox on the left hand side, but this is about 1/4 of the size needed to accommodate both bits of the loom.

• Like 1

I bought some thinner wall Gates mpi hose, its 8mm ID 14mm OD.  This was more flexible and I was able to get a nice smooth run. I groomed the loom inboard a bit, so it runs up the side of the spine and doesnt end up in the same place as the fuel hose.

There is still a lot of "contact" between the airbox and pretty much everything in the vicinity, and as much as I hate doing it, just pushing the airbox down and tightnening it up allow things to go back together.

It doesn't help that someone managed to snap of BOTH side airbox rear bracker bolts, one side in the frame tab, one side in the airbox! I tried reverse drilling out the airbox one to no avail.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2019 at 12:29 PM, Mikko said:

Could you Drill both out one size larger? Or use a insert?

I have attempted to use a reverse drill bit to get the snapped off bolt from the airbox, it did not go very well! The drill did bite, but it is close to the threads in the airbox and it didn't loosen the bolt at all. I am not sure how to remove threaded inserts without destroying the plastic?