Anyone want a super-cheap, bagged up Norge for touring?

pete roper

Currently there is a thread going on over on WG concerning a a Norge that is for sale with no keys. It's clean, low Kms by all accounts and all that is wrong with it is it doesn't have a key so it can't be started.

Because the keys are coded to the dash it means that it needs a new dash and lockset to get it going but as I've explained in the thread you can get the pair of them, dash and lockset, for about $7-750. The bike is for sale for $1,500 and nobody over there wants it! It's insane!

Anyway here's a link to the thread....

https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=102566.0

if I was coming over again any time soon I'd be all over it like jam on toast!

Somebody save the poor thing!

Pete

• Thanks 1

Does the Norge have a helmet lock and or keyed seat release ? If so  , you could remove one of them . Go to a locksmith and he could disassemble it and make a key to fit .

It's not the key per se. It's the fact that the key is recognised by the dashboard. If you bypass the ignition the dash will still lock you out unless you know the previous owner's user code, which in this case isn't known.

• 2 weeks later...

As I mentioned on Wild, the new owner was delivering this bike to Don's shop in OKC.  Don thinks that he knows the bike and the original owner.  I remember the guy too, it's been dropped a couple of times and the guy was little short considering the size of bike.  A shame the key was lost, Don confirmed that it's going to cost a few bucks to replace the key set and some of the dash. 

Perhaps since Don knows the original owner he might get the code, provided the code hasn't been changed?  

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, theoneandonly said:

unless the selling dealer recorded the key number.

I don't think the key number would make any difference. You have to know the user code.

Yup. User code which is five numeral is programmed by the owner and stored in the dash. It's not the lock tumblers that prevent the bike starting, it's the dash logic. If the dash doesn't recognise the chip it will ask for the user code before unlocking the start up protocols. Don't know the code? It ain't gunna start.

Pete