Mikko

My Scura Build.

I should have made this awhile ago, but I am now. 

My design goal is to blend titanium and carbon fiber into the bike without radically changing the look. Just enhance it and purify the form.

so far I’ve removed the airbox and side panels, installed K&N Filters. Removed the rear hugger and swing arm trim. Installed a custom set of titanium mufflers using the factory high mount kit. Converting the turn signals/tail light and headlight to LED. 

My next step is going to have the tank/tail made out of carbon fiber. Just received my upgraded tank with internal fuel pump from Germany yesterday.

gTcftiy.jpg

I like these tanks.. I was never a fan of the chin pad and internalising the fuel pump cleans up and simplifies the bike big time.

• Like 2

I love the dedicated thread for your build! :sun:

Best to you on the journey!  :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Very cool... 

But if you go that route with that tank I would love to buy your carbon fiber tank pad. 😉

I too have a Scura. But instead of going titanium I added more carbon.. M3 pipes , Carbon bellypan and a Rosso Mandello carbon headlight fairing... I know carbon on a V11 is like a fat chick ordering a loaded pizza with a diet coke but hey, it does look cool...

FB_IMG_1549859066403_zpsj27at1fj.jpg

20170516_112147_zpsh3uvzt01.jpg

• Like 1

The NOS tail I am buying for carbonization:

XYGggMd.jpg

makes me wanna install the red tank, this tail and I’ll have a “Nero-Rosso-Scura” 🤪

My next upgrade: installing this German Hella H4 Glass headlight w/ a LED bulb specifically made for tight installations, in fact its only 10mm longer then a standard h4 bulb. No fan or other nonsense. 

fTdqrNJ.jpg

KHtlcy2.jpg

Oh, and I scored these off the ‘bay

p1KKXmx.jpg

I’ve never liked the fact that MG used red PC’s on the Scura. I was thinking of having a pair carved out of Ti, but that is another very expensive modification. I’m going to install these and see how I like the way they look. I think it’ll be awesome and contribute to the Scura-ness of it all. 

The Darkness

JG8jEGKm.jpg

“What is this that stands before me?  
Figure in black which points at me 
Turn around quick, and start to run 
Find out I'm the chosen one…”

Hey Mikko

Are you planning on just fitting that bulb or are you fitting a the kit??

5 hours ago, Mikko said:

My next upgrade: installing this German Hella H4 Glass headlight w/ a LED bulb specifically made for tight installations, in fact its only 10mm longer then a standard h4 bulb. No fan or other nonsense. 

28 minutes ago, Mikko said:

This LED bulb has 3000 Lumen output. Do you know the Lumen of the original?

From the candlepowerforums: "A standard H4 puts out 1100-1500 lumens "

It’s not the biggest and baddest in their line up.. but it’s the most compact and technologically adept at retrofitting into a motorcycle with limited room.  

One thing to consider is the assembly, these headlight bulbs and the housing are built to work together. I was suppose to have them by tomorrow, but a delay on FedEx’s end means that it’s been rescheduled for Monday.

When I do get it, I’ll write up a Install with some pics. I was talking with Docc, and it looks like LED tech has finally matured to the point where you can use them and feel safe knowing they work. 

I’ve never liked the headlight on my bike, idk if it’s some aftermarket pos or what.. but it’s coming out and I also wanted to reduce the amount of strain on the electrical system by converting all lighting to LED which I’ve done aside from the license plate lamp. I’m pretty excited to see how it works out on the road.  

• Like 2

Using the Scura text file Jaap made. I had a company make a custom sized stencil. I used it and a white paint pen to add a little flair to my auction house oil cooler protector.

6RwbgRP.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1