Mikko

My Scura Build.

I’ve got a set I’m inheriting on the new-to-me lemans I’m buying, but no experience yet with them.
Hard to imagine they would provide anything but minor relief, but sometimes a little goes a long ways.
Others have indicated they work great, and can change how your weight “lays out” on the bike. Will see.

That’s the idea.. being able to adjust this and that. Maybe it was because I was working on those plates and then went out. That was a fair bit of messing around.

I’m feeling better now.. still a little stiff in the hip. But hey.. I am always thankful I am still relatively fully functional. What screwed my pooch was my left leg hitting a fence post during the “on my back leather ride” could have been worse.

Hopefully I’ll have it by the weekend and I’ll try it out.

LED HEADLIGHT INSTALL

My stock Headlight was something i didn't care for very much. Then the center "cup" broke and was rattling around inside. I tried to fix it, but it broke off again. I started looking around and found a place called https://vintagecarleds.com/ There, I found the VCm3-7  LED Bulb and chose the German Hella H4 Upgraded glass reflector/lens. Together it was $149 w/ free shipping. I was able to install it tonight. 

This is not a simple "plug and play' I had to do some creative tinkering. The Housing and bulb arrived already assembled

AY1nJHM.jpg

HMeibA7.jpg

I took the stock Headlight apart, separated the lens from the stock housing and was able to fit this housing inside the stock reflector. I removed the bulb from the pilot light, sealed the plug and tied up the wiring. Placed the assembly back into the black plastic bucket, ran the thin grey gasket that was part of the original glass lens around the new one, snapped the chrome trim ring shut and fastened the screw at the bottom. Just as if it was like that from the factory. Very lucky!!!!

8fJO7Nu.jpg

There it is. Fits perfectly inside the stock reflector! 

0fXCK2g.jpg

4kU3ded.jpg

CZm4la4.jpg

No fans, bulky wiring or other nonsense..clean and tidy install that fits within the factory headlight and i am thrilled at how perfectly this works!! This is on a Scura with the black plastic bucket. Idk if it'll work on the metal non fairing sport bucket. 

• Like 1

Since it's night time, I took it out and adjusted it plus a short ride to see how it performs. I think it's one of the best mod's so far!

Low Beam pointed across the street into a State Forrest

repapAx.jpg

High Beam..

gVp0zoi.jpg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, gstallons said:

Has he given you a price on the Ti parts ?

He made a invoice, The prices are parts only. Give you a rough idea..it's 10K for the full 3pc frame.

Was you asking for a specific price on something? The problem with these kind of “one off” builds is that he has to make a jig for everything. So that is part of the cost. Idk if it would be less expensive once a jig is made.

You can catch a bunch of static here so I’m hesitant to say how much each piece is. The front and rear subframes are $2,500 each and the spine is $5,000. Going 100% Ti on that.

Labor is $40hr, who knows how many hours it’ll be to dissemble and reassemble. So I’m trying to maximise the labor hours spent. It’s a big project... and expensive. But we only get one ride on this bus...

How true, " you only get one ride on this bus".

Hey, I spent $10k+ on my '85 LeMans just so it would be nice for my kid. (Dad's bike heirloom eh?) 

Moto Guzzi owners are like old tractor owners. Notoriously cheap. But they quite often spend a lot more than they can justify, or even admit to- because who doesn't love these things?

What money one spends on this ridiculous hobby is something that should go without comment from the peanut gallery. If your roof doesn't leak and your kids aren't hungry, nobody gets to opine.

I live in a viaduct and sold my children to Gypsies some years ago.... I bought a brand new Greenie back in 2000-1? 

New Guzzi dealer opened in my town and I stopped in to see what there was to see. The V11 was sitting on the floor and it was love at first sight. I asked if I could take it for a test ride and I rode it to my bank, withdrew what they wanted... rode back and bought it on the spot.

I sold it along with a couple others when I was told about the MGS/01... that never came to pass in street trim.. so I ended up with a 999R.

Always thought selling that bike was a mistake. So now almost 20 years later I’m kinda picking up where I left off.