What was I thinking?

Gino Rondelli

I last used my V11 3 years ago to ride to Sicily from Scotland, I pretty much parked it up after that trip and have just repatriated it from storage, I was thinking of selling but as always after spending the week servicing, greasing and cleaning I stood back, looked at it and thought "what was I thinking?" Flashbacks to the good times and the grin factor means I don't think I'll be selling it too soon! I have other bikes which I use more but I reckon for all round fun the V11 is up there. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Touche.

that's the thing with these.  The one i bought from my friend he now would like to have back (so i'm buying another).  But they hold value well at this point (loaded statement), so keeping them around isn't such a bad thing, unlike a new bike that if it sits in the garage is costing money in depreciation.

4 hours ago, Gmc28 said:

Touche.

that's the thing with these.  The one i bought from my friend he now would like to have back (so i'm buying another).  But they hold value well at this point (loaded statement), so keeping them around isn't such a bad thing, unlike a new bike that if it sits in the garage is costing money in depreciation.

Thats called magic or something, you be smiley when she is  home.  It will be a trip to remember  :rasta:

Cheers tom.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, footgoose said:

a good friend taught me this. You must only make the decision to sell or keep, following a good ride. If you can have a quality ride, get off her and say, "yeah I could give her up" - time to sell.

What :rasta:

cheers tom

• 3 months later...

Hey Gino

glad to hear you kept the v11 !!  Best fun bike to ride by a long mile. Remember that  very wet ride up into the highlands !!!! 
A buddy of mine twisted my arm into selling him my Rosso Mandello and With a rush of blood to the head it was gone !!!   Regretted it there and then so DONT DO It !!!!

Anyway took me a while to get a nice one  but back on the road again a while back. Planning a trip to Switzerland/Italy late spring this year and also heading over your way later in the year.

Ciao Ciao K

😎😎😎

• Like 1

For the money you'd get from the sale, you could turn right around and get a Ninja 300!!!

OK, maybe not.

Pondering my buy-in price, that was the 'new-bike-with-a-warranty' alternative. AYKM? 

Warranty !!  Now there’s a novel idea for sure, long long time ago since I had one of those and it was probably on a toaster ! I’m totally convinced we’re only in this for the PAIN as it feels that way an awful lot of the time but hey as we say here “it’s great crack”

Ciao Ciao K

😎😎😎

From reading, studying and admiring from afar for decades, I deduced long ago that Guzzis are not so much a motorcycle as they are a project that involves a motorcycle. Pain? Well, coming up on 40 years of wedded bliss, I am pretty much desensitized to pain...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When the Rosso left the garage I’m convinced a depression came over my other bikes😞😞. It got replaced with a very smart and low mile Falco that had to muscle it’s way into the garage, the new kid on the block !  Like a lot of us I think I may have overspent a LITTLE on putting my stamp on it !! 
Very diff bike to the V11 no question but still Italian and immense fun. Fast for sure and probably too much of a hooligan bike for me now so it’s been moved to the side to make way for the prodigal son returned, my Nero. 
I keep walking around it on my regular visits in my garage, admiring it as we do and reminiscing about how much fun it actually was and pangs of guilt as I wonder what to do with it😞😞. This could take a long long time as Margaret reminds me “What will you do with the Falco”?

Coal Ciao

😎😎😎 K

• Like 1
  • Haha 2