Total noob '04 Ballabio

po18guy

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a few photos in the dedicated thread. After a fairly good sprucing up. In addition to the LED headlight, it now has LED signals with an electronic adjustable-rate flasher. Once my acute bronchitis fades, more miles are waiting. IMG_2925.JPGIMG_2927.JPGIMG_2924.JPGIMG_2919.JPG

• Like 5

Lovely. Now that’s Italian! All that red.....very nice. Looks like you got a heck of a package with that scoot. So cool how Guzzi was making different distinct styles of basically the same bike. What did you use to shine up all the painted bits, tank, etc.? The red color has been really restored, almost like a different shade, deeper and richer.

6 hours ago, Kane said:

Lovely. Now that’s Italian! All that red.....very nice. Looks like you got a heck of a package with that scoot. So cool how Guzzi was making different distinct styles of basically the same bike. What did you use to shine up all the painted bits, tank, etc.? The red color has been really restored, almost like a different shade, deeper and richer.

Thank you very much! Your greenie is likewise very nice. It was a garage queen. 4500 miles in 15 years. a quick Meguire's tech wax and what you see is what I got. Here's a close up of the tank. They got the paint right! Danged horn button! Clearly, Italian riders use the horn far more than they use their signals.  Horn and signals need to be reversed, but I see no way of doing that. Maybe Euro-spec switches made more sense, unless these are Euro-spec. Still twiddling with bits here and there, to get it just right. Shift-lever adjustment is my latest hair-puller. 

IMG_2928.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kane said:

What a great red.....is it the same red as Ferrari?

Is there relief to the eagle and letters? They look raised rather than a flat decal.

They do stand up just a bit. It is very close to the red used by other Italian makers. Am thinking of finding a close match and doing a wrap of the (removable) seat cowl. Maybe stripes or swooshes of fluorescent orange flanking the headlight in homage to the original 850 LeMans. Nothing permanent - just the vinyl wrap. 

14 hours ago, po18guy said:

Horn and signals need to be reversed, but I see no way of doing that.

My two scooters are a Suzuki DR650 and a Guzzi V11 Sport.  Both have the turn signal and horn actuators on the left grip module, but the positions are reversed.  Has resulted in some problematic situations when I forget the difference and try to operate the Guzzi turn signal with Suzuki muscle memory.  :blush:

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 1:14 PM, Nihontochicken said:

My two scooters are a Suzuki DR650 and a Guzzi V11 Sport.  Both have the turn signal and horn actuators on the left grip module, but the positions are reversed.  Has resulted in some problematic situations when I forget the difference and try to operate the Guzzi turn signal with Suzuki muscle memory.  :blush:

Since both are momentary switches, I could reverse the high beam flasher and horn, but that would leave me with a rather oddly actuated horn. This will require some pondering.

3 hours ago, gstallons said:

It will be best to remember the difference and go on .

That's easy to say..  but I too have been guilty of blasting my turn signal at a car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I see a really nice Norge on eBay. 181 miles??? Anyway, the switches are in their correct locations. This, of course, means that no retrofit is possible. Don't want to install Asian switches, so will check to see if there is any crossover.