(Reasonably available) bikes you’d like to own!

11 hours ago, footgoose said:

Chuck, you gotta ride south of Indy.

Oh, I have.. a fair amount..but it's pretty tame compared to the SoCal canyons. I've been spoiled. :rasta: This was on the last ride of the Mighty Scura in the Santa Monica Mountains. If you look carefully, you can see the road a couple of  thousand feet below. 

20160707_102738.jpg

Also, I have to negotiate the Indy "ant farm" between here and there. :bbblll: It takes me two hours to get anywhere good, ride for a bit and two hours back. It's just *not* a good place to ride a Monza.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The red Italian single? It’s in the Barber Motorsports Museum in Birmingham, Alabama, USA. I can’t recall what it is . . .

I’ve always longed for an MV Agusta, but doubt any would come in under the “reasonable “ criteria of this thread...

36 minutes ago, fotoguzzi said:

390585621829-5.jpg

My pal had a ulyssesses... it was hideous... can’t recommend them.  Weirdly top-heavy, felt like revs maxed out at around 4k, finish was appalling (loom running over sharp edges) , ‘design features’ like the pekky frame and oily swingarm seemed unnecessary.  Edit: lets not forget the shitty belt drive...

Edited by stewgnu
2 hours ago, stewgnu said:

My pal had a ulyssesses... it was hideous... can’t recommend them.  Weirdly top-heavy, felt like revs maxed out at around 4k, finish was appalling (loom running over sharp edges) , ‘design features’ like the pekky frame and oily swingarm seemed unnecessary.  Edit: lets not forget the shitty belt drive...

drive belts are superior to chain and driveshaft.

• Like 3

Reasonably available where? Reason I ask is that I reside in the poor old US. None of the "really good" bikes that we watch from across the pond. Case in point: the revived Moto Morini's 1187cc Corsaro. 87º V-twin. 120HP and Torque. Sigh...

.Screen%20Shot%202019-09-20%20at%201.40.1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Holy tits that’s a schmokin hot wee video there brother!  ...    ... ... (buells r still shite though haha!)

before i bought my lovely v11 i lusted after a firebolt.  Sooooo glad i got my v11- at 5k revs the guzz is tight, eager and fierce!  The Byonk is all done and crappy.

40 minutes ago, po18guy said:

Reasonably available where? Reason I ask is that I reside in the poor old US. None of the "really good" bikes that we watch from across the pond. Case in point: the revived Moto Morini's 1187cc Corsaro. 87º V-twin. 120HP and Torque. Sigh...

.Screen%20Shot%202019-09-20%20at%201.40.1

Ooo corsaro- now that’s interesting!

9 hours ago, stewgnu said:

Ooo corsaro- now that’s interesting!

There's a YouTube vid of a fellow in Europe doing a track day with his Corsaro. At one point he almost lost as it was wheelying mid-corner. Not that is some kinda torque.

• Like 1