(Reasonably available) bikes you’d like to own!

Something different... Last weekend I racked up some kms on my 1200 Sport in the Sauerland, Germany. After a few hours intense riding my left hand cramped up (this is still due to a stroke I suffered from in 2002). It spoiled the rest of the beautiful day. So I've been thinking about the Aprilia Mana since then. I've done some reading and I although I don't really like the looks, the CVT transmission would able me to ride longer and more relaxed. I know that @pete roper has (had) one, and I would like to know your experiences and other input.

aprilia_mana_850.jpg

• Thanks 1

The Moto Morini Milano that I wish they still sold in the US and an MZ Skorpion Replika which through time became unobtainable. And a V11 Tenni.. No need for a pic. We all know what those look like....

Moto Morini Milano_01.jpg

muz003.jpg

• Like 2

8257a73c6e5911eb5b1b054de207848d.jpg

Moto-Guzzi-850-Le-Mans-1977-Union-Garage

moto-guzzi-v11-le-mans-2003-5.jpg

1997-Moto-Guzzi-Sport-1100-R-Side-730x59

Ok, that's it for the Guzzis

2993910_orig.jpg

lv18-s7-2-1512599655119@2x.jpg?151697666

Bonneville_t120_3.jpg

triton-cafe-racer.jpeg

Pre-unit Triumph engine only. Don't care if it's a wide or slimline Featherbed frame.

I should stop there before I get carried away.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Was actually considering wither a Duc 937cc SS or an Aprilia Shiver 750/900. Aside from cost, both are nearly as heavy as a V11. The Aprilia in particular has always been a disappointment. They do so amazingly well with their Milles and Tuonos and such, but when it comes to the smaller bikes, they avoid taking them to the fat farm. 

I had an 09 Shiver 750 for several months last year.  Man that thing was a rocket and compared to the LM, I thought it was a lightweight.  

Unfortunately it felt just too small while I was riding in the congested traffic around Tampa Bay area.  Used it for a down payment on a trade for an atv, which I needed for hunting.  

The fit and finish was good and the engine had PLENTY of power.  I would like to try one of the newer 900's(?) just to compare, but not in any rush to replace the LeMans or Breva 1200 Sport. (Talk about portly!😁)

1 hour ago, Nihontochicken said:

Not likely now to score any of the below, though I do have a 2004 V11 Sport Naked consolation prize in lieu of number three.  My grail bikes in decreasing order of beauty:

BestMCs2.jpg

Sir Chicken has a 2004 Moto Guzzi V11 though... Ye be a right royal rich chicken indeed! 🙂

2 hours ago, Nihontochicken said:

Not likely now to score any of the below, though I do have a 2004 V11 Sport Naked consolation prize in lieu of number three.  My grail bikes in decreasing order of beauty:

BestMCs2.jpg

The 750 Sport is not cheap. But depending on where you are you can get Commandos pretty inexpensive. How bad do you want one?

1 hour ago, gstallons said:

When I was younger and Ducati did that V-twin thing I thought that was the ugliest thing of all X …...

Do you mean the 860GT because there's nothing ugly about a round case.

19 hours ago, swooshdave said:

The 750 Sport is not cheap. But depending on where you are you can get Commandos pretty inexpensive. How bad do you want one?

Not looking to buy any longer, too old, too tired to wrench a lot (so why do I have a V11?), too little available garage space.  Just look on them with nostalgic fantasy, kinda like the prom queen.  ;)

• Like 1