po18guy

Adjusting throttle cable slack

10 hours ago, 68C said:

So which bikes have the twin cable, could I retrofit it it to an 03 RC?  You may remember one of my first posts was about the throttle linkrod adjuster knob getting caught on the rear shock reservoir pipe connector, this was at full throttle!  Surprising how quick it accelerated, luckily on a straight road, until I remembered the kill switch.  I am sure I could have made it roll off with a twin cable setup.

Well, my Ballabio is an '04, so it sounds like that may be the first year(?)

Now as to concern over proper throttle cable adjustment: I noted that what i did was a "field expedient." The rubber sheath/molding covering the throttle twistgrip end of the cable is rather petrified appearing,  having apparently been untouched for 15 years. It is going to need a good soak in ArmorAll before I can hope to remove it in one piece. And, as to push-pull throttles, that is exactly what the Kawi EX500s I own have, so I have been adjusting them for 20 years, as of this year.