Footpeg/control relocate kit wanted

ronkom

A member of this forum designed & had manufactured a kit to relocate the footpegs & shifter/rear brake controls forward. I have been in contact w/John, he has sold out the last kits he had in stock & doesn't want to get into having another batch made.  He says he sold around 50 over a five year period, Does anyone know of one that would be for sale? Perhaps a bike was sold to a younger rider who is comfortable w/the stock semi-rearset & took the kit off the bike? Please ask around the Spine frame community & put me in contact w/the owner if one turns up

Thanks Much,

Ron "ronkom(at)vaguzzi(dot)com"

• Like 1

I think I have a set of those that were installed on my 04 Lemans when I bought it several years ago.  After first 1500 mile weekend trip decided I did not like that riding position and reinstalled the original stuff that came with the bike.  I'll check the stash on the seldom looked at upper shelf in the garage tomorrow am and let you know.

24 minutes ago, doslemans said:

I think I have a set of those that were installed on my 04 Lemans when I bought it several years ago.  After first 1500 mile weekend trip decided I did not like that riding position and reinstalled the original stuff that came with the bike.  I'll check the stash on the seldom looked at upper shelf in the garage tomorrow am and let you know.

The original poster might like them, heck, I might.

Think you might sell them?

ronkom,

I do have a set with the instructions and John's business card attached.  I will contact you via the email address you listed in your original post.  LowRyter, if Ron doesn't want these since he asked first, I will  contact you as I no longer need them.

• Like 1

OK, Thanks for the replies & interest.  I have a kit on the way for my bike. In communicating with John about his possibly having another batch of kits made, he made an offer to sell me everything I'd need to take over the business. It is a HELL of a good offer. I thought long & hard about it, even talking to a machinist who could do that part locally, but, reality reared its ugly head. I'm 73 years old, dealing w/heart issues that don't need any added stress in my life, so I have to pass.

I asked John & he said I could spread the word that he's looking for someone to buy him out & go into the business of having the parts made, assembling & selling the kits.  If this idea appeals to you, contact John Mickowski ......"sixela(at)warwick(dot)net"  

Thanks,

ronkom 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

ALL right! I got my kit (Thanks again Doslemans). Installed & been out for several test rides.....YEE-HA  I now have a rideable (for my arthritic old body) bike!  As I'm going to hang on to the bike, next problem is paint. Bike has maroon tank, dark grey metallic front fender & buddy seat cover, all of which are in very good shape. The problem is a kind of medium grey on the sidecovers and tail piece. A PO apparently tried some sort of coating on the medium grey paint, ruining the finish. I've tried everything I can think of to recover a finish that looks decent...no joy.  So, the only option is repaint. Anyone who's had painting done recently knows how ludicrously expensive the paint alone is (two, sometimes 3 component finishes) . And I only need a small amount for two sidecovers & the tail piece . A minimum order of paint would leave me w/nearly full cans to go on the shelf & dry out over time.  I don't necessarily need a perfect match for the stock color. My thought is to visit body shops around town & see if anyone is painting a vehicle w/a color that would work & ask if they'd  "piggy back." my bike pieces.  I have no idea how that request might will fly. Suggestions? Ideas?

Thanks,

ronkom

You *might* find a rattle can the right color.. :huh2:  dunno, but you can do a fine job with them if you do your part. I had to color match the AeroLario, (tail piece and one frame rail) and had $150 in chemicals. (!)

• 1 month later...

These kits are hard to come by, I'd love to get one for my 2000 V11 sport, but can't find one.

There's a guy on Ebay that makes a really nice rear break lever ,and I emailed him to see if he might be interested in building this kit.

He doesn't own the V11 so he doesn't have the dimensions to build one. If the drawings were available I think he might be able to build them.

Seems to me from this form that there is a strong interest in people wanting a kit like this.

Picture is the lever that he sells.

img_3240.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vic said:

These kits are hard to come by, I'd love to get one for my 2000 V11 sport, but can't find one.

There's a guy on Ebay that makes a really nice rear break lever ,and I emailed him to see if he might be interested in building this kit.

He doesn't own the V11 so he doesn't have the dimensions to build one. If the drawings were available I think he might be able to build them.

Seems to me from this form that there is a strong interest in people wanting a kit like this.

img_3240.jpg

That looks to be Joe Kenney's work. He's a solid guy and makes great pieces. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

From my emails with him I  would agree, if we could get him the drawings for this kit we might be able to persuade him to make a batch, seems like a lot of folks, including me ,want a set of these. Should be a win win.

Maybe with enough interest we can make it happen. 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 11:24 AM, ronkom said:

So, the only option is repaint. Anyone who's had painting done recently knows how ludicrously expensive the paint alone is (two, sometimes 3 component finishes) . And I only need a small amount for two sidecovers & the tail piece . A minimum order of paint would leave me w/nearly full cans to go on the shelf & dry out over time.  I don't necessarily need a perfect match for the stock color. My thought is to visit body shops around town & see if anyone is painting a vehicle w/a color that would work & ask if they'd  "piggy back." my bike pieces.  I have no idea how that request might will fly. Suggestions? Ideas?

Thanks,

ronkom

You might want to try to get them wrapped, they have a lot of different colors of vinyl wrap now, and you might find one that is really close.