Sport muffler and touch up

Gmc28

Not to drown the site with my posting, but wanted to try and keep the questions somewhat segregated by topic....

in this case, i’m Wondering if anyone knows what the secret handshake is for the candy-apple red guzzi paint color in the ‘02?  The champagne color was largely unobtanium, so hoping the red is better.

and, this lemans has a couple sport mufflers, off an ‘01.  I like them (nice sound, and look ok), but one of them is dented. Anyone have one laying around to sell?  

• Like 1

Same difficulty here. With me it is touch-up for the gray-blue frame side plates. Going to hit the fingernail polish rack and have a look. As to the muffler, it is rash, a crinkle or just  a pushed-in dent? If the latter, any of the really good Paintless Dent Removal guys can handle that. 

Gotta get it colormatched. And I think Guzzi did it for a reason. These 2 colors (candy red and the champagne) changes colors over time. My Lemans over years in the California sun has a hue of orange(which imo is gettin better with age) and the champagne Ive seen lighten to a beige and change to more of a gold. 

I went looking for color codes to get my seat cowl painted to match the red and not the grey and it was like looking for the National Treasure. I took it to a paint shop with a sample panel and had it matched... 

IMG_20190917_181021_232.jpg

• Like 1

Oh, you got the fever, and bad, errr.. I mean good.

Was thinking about having my cowl painted, but the tailsection is the midnight/azurre/sunset-over-the-Italian-Alps blue that occurs nowhere else on earth. And I'd lose the Ballabio script. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, po18guy said:

Oh, you got the fever, and bad, errr.. I mean good.

Was thinking about having my cowl painted, but the tailsection is the midnight/azurre/sunset-over-the-Italian-Alps blue that occurs nowhere else on earth. And I'd lose the Ballabio script. 

A post like that requires a picture . . . :pic:

• 2 weeks later...

Damn.  Was hoping the red wasn’t as “national treasure” elusive as the champagne.  Color matching the champagne was more than the two best shops in my town could handle. 

But i’ll Also check the fingernail paint  selection, as all I need is some touch up.  If anyone has found a good option, pls post.

• 3 weeks later...