uni

dangerous

I thought you authored the quintessential thread on "Greasing that #$%& farking front U" . . . . :grin:

At 113,000 miles, I'm "pretty sure" I got grease in it two or three times.  I've just resigned myself to pulling the swingarm every third rear tire change . . .

every time I have the rear wheel off, I use this nipple attached to my grease gun hose. the point of it is directed inside the zerk fitting, by depressing the tiny ball. it is still at a slight angle and a little bit of grease escapes, but with care and even pressure applied, the job gets done. I have an '02 frame,.... unsure of early frames

IMG_1042.JPG

Some say that a window can be cut in the collar around the front U-joint, but it is the inside of the swingarm itself that blocks my access.

I won't be cutting holes in that! :o

I have a rig like Footgoose's Lincoln that is about 6'' long and bendable . I have NO problem greasing the front joint . I have a bout a dozen adapters to grease just about everything . 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MartyNZ said:

I've got a swivel adjustable grease thing that you can borrow. It's not great, but works.

shit Marty... you have given my bike so many lifes... next tyre change ill take you up on it... be right after the MG rally... you going?

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I do miss the way @dangerous could title a thread and make the original post sing . . . :oldgit:

I think I finally have enough experience and insight to add something to that epic thread . . . :luigi:

• Like 1