Haven't seen this before....

pete roper

Got this gearbox in from a Rosso Mandello. its been apart before, recently I'd guess.

When Michael pulled the back off the box....

48790988688_f7255ffd64_z.jpg

You can see where the nuts have tried to mill their way out of the case!

48791494712_684fcc5553_z.jpg

Repeat after me.

"I will use Loctite and torque these nuts properly."

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, pete roper said:

Oh I know the lockwashers were missing.

Here they are!

48791999371_14e5198a93_b.jpg[/url]

🙄😝

If you're in desperate need Pete I have a spare new smaller lock washer (p/n 04055000) which you can have. I also have a single new larger ( 95028020) which I'll need replaced to put my box back together.

Ciao

All good Phil. Mario had them in stock, along with input and output shaft seals.

where can I buy a new friction plate for the RAM single plater. He reckons he'll only be doing a couple of thousand Km a year so it'll probably be OK.

1 hour ago, pete roper said:

All good Phil. Mario had them in stock, along with input and output shaft seals.

where can I buy a new friction plate for the RAM single plater. He reckons he'll only be doing a couple of thousand Km a year so it'll probably be OK.

HMB Guzzi or MG Cycles Pete off the top.

https://hmb-guzzi.de/Clutch-Internals_1

http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=193

Ciao

11 hours ago, Rolf Halvorsen said:

The locking tabs are standard belonging to KLM 3, KLM 4 and KLM 5. 

KLM stans for "Kule Lager Mutter" (swedish company SKF). They should be available "everywhere".

Lucky Phil: Buy the tools or lend from Pete?

Rolf

Might just borrow from Pete Rolf. Thanks for the offer but my use will just be a one off hopefully so no need to have tooling sitting around doing nothing.

Ciao

12 hours ago, Rolf Halvorsen said:

The locking tabs are standard belonging to KLM 3, KLM 4 and KLM 5. 

KLM stans for "Kule Lager Mutter" (swedish company SKF). They should be available "everywhere".

Rolf

Excellent, didn't know they were generic. As they say, the day you stop learning is the day your arse no longer points to the ground!👍

• Haha 1

It's also the same style of tab washer that occasionally gives up the ghost on the pinion of the bevelbox on CARC bikes. They are only torqued to a really low preload though so if the bearings ' Settle' after the nut has been torqued they'll loosen off. Thing is with these ones they're all supposed to be done up 'Till you fart' tight so what happened here must be down to not having the right tools or the like.

Anyway, thanks to Rolf I dropped into my local SKF dealer where Tony the goat f*cker, (Don't ask me! He's been Tony the goat f*cker since I moved to Canberra thirty plus years ago, still working behind the same counter and for all I know still f*cking goats!) looked at the nuts and washers and uttered a series of grunting noises that I, due to long association, was able to translate as an admission of recognition.

Long story short I've ordered ten of the KLM3's and five each of the 4's and 5's plus washers to suit because that's how they are sold so if anyone needs them and doesn't want to pay the usurious Guzzi price just give me a hoy.

Pete