Greetings! Glad to have found you! And I have a question.....

Kane

14 hours ago, Kane said:

I checked out the ‘01 Green V11 that’s for sale in my area. It’s a title more expensive than the bike I was first looking at, but it is really clean and low miles. Sounds like thunder from heaven! I’m taking a second look at the first bike tomorrow, but this Greenie is pretty sweet.

I do have a question: When the clutch lever is pulled while the bike is sitting at idle it makes a noisy rattle. He told me that it’s a dry clutch and that’s normal for these clutches. Is that correct?

Also, there are two black cylinders under the seat just behind the battery. I’ve never seen these before, and they were not there on the first V11 I saw. What are these?:

F20FCB98-AB55-4758-BB4A-F20E980793B1.jpeg

They are all part of the emission system . Leave them alone ( for now ) . I will figure them out and let you know how they work . 

7 hours ago, Kane said:

What looks off to you? 

1) The "mix" of relays. It's not a bad thing that #5 looks larger, but I would replace them all with High Current OMRON  (See "Best Relay" in How to . . .)

2) Not the OEM battery (Hawker Odyssey). Not sure what it is, but it should be given proper attention. The Odyssey PC545 have been known to give stellar performance..

3) The "OBD" connector lying on top of the ECU should be tucked in back behind it so the seat does not make pressure down onto the ECU. no wiring should be against the ECU case except its main connector and its case ground.

4) The accessory wiring wrapped over the sub-frame tube should be groomed under it so that the seat will not crush it and possibly make a short.

• Like 1

Wow. Good eye! Thanks for breaking it down into specifics. Much appreciated. Do you reckon this is how the bike came from the factory/dealership? 

The bike looks very mint, 10k miles, I am assuming unmodded or worked on beyond routine maintenance. But I really don’t know.

The blue relay has been added as well as the accessory wiring. The battery has been changed (you can check for a date code on that to see how fresh it is).

The ECU ground to the corner of the case is typically on the left front (by the positive battery terminal!), so may have been moved. Worth checking all connections for tightness and treat with Craig DeOxit.

Overall, no major changes or big concerns showing up!

It also looks like it has the original electric petcock. More indication the bike has not been messed with . :thumbsup:

But needs to be! :luigi:

• Like 1

^^^ Yep, it'll probably run poorly. The Kid's (now LowRyter's) greenie was hard to ride when he first got it. The usual things made it into a strong  runner.

• Like 1

I hear you. Am giving the Ballabo a pre-flight, removing all of the 'Disney' (Mickey Mouse) parts as well as stuff that tried to turn it into a sport tourer. Bags and mounts set aside. Forward set pegs replaced by OEM. Faucet washers between fairing and headlight mount. Binned. über tacky stick-on horse trailer reflector on rear fender. History. Full LED makeover with a 36W fan-cooled LED unit in the headlight, LED projector beam turn signals (with adjustable rate flasher), along with a clear lens over the LED taillight (was smoked). Surface rust around the drain holes and screw holes in the headlight rim neutralized with KBS Rust Blast and then sealed forever with  KBS Rust Seal. Iridium plugs for faster starts. She's getting there.

Well boys, it looks like I’ve started a relationship with a beautiful Italian green goddess beasty. Right now I’m heading into the kitchen to make a nice dinner for Mrs. Kane so she’s not too jealous when she comes home after working all day. More pics, impressions, and head scratching is sure to follow. For now, Thar She Blows!:

1801128D-821D-4A2D-9D53-9CE56FD77F27.jpeg

• Like 8

Congrats! They are like no other motorcycle. An acquired taste some say, but torque suits every palate. The only thing I see that needs immediate attention is BNP.

Badly Needs Pipes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1